Clinical Laboratory Scientist
Redwood City, CA
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: Clinical Laboratory Scientists
Location: Bay Area, SF, California & San Diego California
Our client is seeking several Clinical Laboratory Scientists who will be responsible for performing highly complex laboratory testing (Next-Gen DNA sequencing) on patient specimens. In this role, you will also perform QC and QA procedures, report patient results, and work in compliance with all applicable local/state/federal lab requirements. This role requires an individual who can keep neat records, has strong attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task and be flexible with tasks/schedules.
- Conducts lab tests, procedures and analyses per the lab’s SOPs
- Analyzing and reporting patient results in LIMS
- Identifies and troubleshoots challenges that negatively impact the test performance
- Conducts, reviews and documents laboratory Quality Control procedures
- Documents all CAPAs taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specs
- Carries out and documents standard preventive maintenance
- Helps train of new lab personnel
- Maintains proper inventory of laboratory supplies for daily operations and prepares reagents required for testing
- Conducting and documenting reagent qualification per protocols
- Performing annual review of Standard Operating Procedures
- Reports any concerns of test quality and/or safety to the Laboratory Supervisor or Safety Officer
- Develops assay improvements, new assay configurations and validation
- Any additional lab duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- California State Clinical Laboratory Scientist license
- BA or BS degree in Biomedical Laboratory Science, Clinical Science or related field
- Familiar with local, state, and federal laboratory regulations
- Handles and applies feedback in a professional manner
- Ability to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality
- Able to work as part of a team
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- Hours and days may vary depending on operational needs
- Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary.
- Potential to be exposed to hazardous materials, blood specimens and instruments with moving parts, heating or freezing elements, and high speed centrifugation
- Repetitive manual pipetting may be necessary
- Ability to lift up to 20-30 pounds, as required
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. An essential function of this job is physical attendance. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer which includes providing equal employment opportunity for all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.