Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: Lead Clinical Laboratory Scientist
Location: Bay Area, SF, California & San Diego, California
Our client is seeking a Lead Clinical Laboratory Scientist who will be in charge of performing highly complex lab testing (next-gen sequencing) on patient samples, performing QC and QA procedures, and reporting patient results. The CLS must adhere to any applicable lab protocols while working under the direction of the Director and Supervisors. The CLS will be required to produce accurate, neat records, have strong attention to detail, and be able to multi-task and be flexible with tasks and schedules.
- Meticulously performs molecular testing, using a variety of molecular biological techniques including next-gen sequencing
- Performs regular quantitation and qualification assessment of molecular data generated during testing
- Carries out Quality Control and Quality Assurance activities as part of the Quality program and commitment to patient safety
- Takes part in a variety of other essential lab activities such as qualifying reagents, managing inventory, writing procedures, inspection prep, validating assays and investigation
- Carries out and documents regular preventive maintenance, identifying and troubleshooting tough challenges that adversely affect the test performance
- Locates root cause and documents all corrective actions taken when test systems
- Helping to train of new laboratory personnel
- Develops assay improvements, new assay configurations and validation
- As required, may fill the role of the general supervisor if they are off-site
- 6+ years of experience in a CLIA laboratory
- Solid understanding of CAP and CLIA regulations
- Dependable and resilient, able to contribute to team success by sharing experience in molecular biology and next-gen sequencing, seen as a leader by your peers.
- Able to answer colleagues questions.
- Background in training and/or supervising clinical laboratory staff.
- Brings quality and strong PM skills to solve complicated issues that impact test performance.
- Strong, proactive communicator- able to maintain open dialogue with cross-functional colleagues, with an ability articulate complex concepts and issues clearly.
- Someone who looks for opportunities to grow and integrate developmental feedback you receive into your day-to-day.
- Able to hone in on detail as well as your ability to see the big picture.
In addition, you have:
- Active California Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) or Clinical Genetic and Molecular Biology Scientist (CGMBS) license
- BS degree in Biomedical Laboratory Science, Clinical Science or related field
- 6 years of experience in a CLIA-certified lab
- Familiar with local, state, and federal laboratory regulations
- Background in molecular testing, nucleic acid extraction, PCR, and NGS
- Familiar with of laboratory functions (laboratory regulations, LIMS, Quality, etc.)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary.
- Potential to be exposed to hazardous materials, blood specimens and instruments with moving parts, heating or freezing elements, and high speed centrifugation
- Repetitive manual pipetting may be necessary
- Ability to lift up to 20-30 pounds, as required
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. An essential function of this job is physical attendance. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer which includes providing equal employment opportunity for all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.