Engineering Project Coordinator
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: Engineering Project Coordinator
Location: Lexington, MA
Duration: Direct Hire
*Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain a Security Clearance for access to classified information. An Active Secret Clearance without incident is desired.
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, the Engineering Project Coordinator provides leadership, coordination and assures deliverables for project design activity within Lincoln Laboratory’s Facility Services Department. The Engineering Project Coordinator serves as the primary point-of-contact between the engineering team and the project manager. The service provided is to manage day-to-day administrative tasks for all in-house design development efforts and oversight of all 3rd party design efforts. These tasks include scheduling, resource planning, contributing to cost estimating, bringing teams together, document control, change management and more. Key attributes for this position are outstanding communication skills, excellent organizational skills, a thorough understanding of construction processes and design development processes, an initiative to improve processes and, most of all, and an excellent work ethic.
- Serve as the main POC between engineering and project management for all in-house design needs
- Work with CE to assign design team resources for all projects (in planning/programming & again in design phase), and coordinate staff workload with the Discipline Leads and CE.
- Work with the PM & project controls team to establish and maintain schedules/milestones for all projects.
- Communicate project priorities with PM’S and CE.
- Work with PM to assure all mandatory walk-through / kickoff / review meetings are scheduled and happen. Ensure project team attends meetings/walkthroughs as needed.
- Manage design team to coordinate inter-disciplinary design issues and coordination
- Project & monitor design team engineering hours for project budgets
- Organize and deliver design & technical specification package to PM
- Coordinate all design review and QA review comments back and forth between team and PM
- Manage 3rd party engineering blanket design contracts (less invoicing per project = PM duty)
- Manage the design scoping, task award, and design reviews for 3rd party services with PM and CE.
- Coordinate & review design changes with project team via project charter document
- Coordinate RFIs/Submittals/CA services between the design team and provide input to CE on team and individual performance to support annual goal development.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related technical field (i.e. project, facilities, or construction management, engineering, architecture, etc.)
- 5 years of related experience is required.
- Familiarity with the DoD Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC) standards of design and construction is desirable.
- Performance - Demonstrated performance managing multiple, simultaneous, facility construction projects is required.
- Self-starter with strong organization skills and attention to details, comfortable working with minimal direction; adaptable to changing organizational requirements and priorities and supportive of a diverse work force.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate with others in diplomatic, tactful manner.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills. Familiarity with AutoCAD and/or REVIT desirable.
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. An essential function of this job is physical attendance. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer which includes providing equal employment opportunity for all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Our client, one of the most prestigious Research and Development Labs in the country, is working on solutions to our nation's most complex defense and commercial related challenges. We have placed hundreds of talented engineers with this client over the years - If you are qualified - we can get you in!!!
The mission is critical and the work is as cutting-edge as it is rewarding. The teams are superbly managed groups of world class engineers from all types of interesting and diverse backgrounds - AND THEY ARE HIRING!
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
Work as our full-time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement, etc.) - OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.