Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Tues-Sat 12:00PM- 8:30PM)
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Tues-Sat 12:00PM- 8:30PM)?
Location: Bay Area, SF, California
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. An essential function of this job is physical attendance. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The Clinical Lab Scientist performs testing in the CLIA-certified lab, participating in QC, QA and troubleshooting. You will work under direction of the Lab Manager, delivering assignments in adherence with policies/goals. You will be expected to plan and organize your own work, determining work methods and assisting in the determination of priorities and deadlines. Completed work will be reviewed by the Lab Manager to ensure the achievement of expected results.
- Handle and process patient specimens, analyzing test results, preparing reports and maintaining records of test results.
- Might be called upon to accession samples into the laboratory information management system (LIMS) to facilitate sample throughput.
- Complies with QC policies and document activities such as instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance.
- Maintaining confidentiality of personal health information.
- Identifying issues that may affect test performance or results and, following established guidelines, correct issues or escalate to Laboratory Manager, supervisor, other clinical professional, or lab director.
- Identifying test systems that deviate from acceptable performance specs, and following policies/procedures to correct operation.
- Documenting CAPAs taken when test systems deviate from established performance specifications.
- Teaching and training policy, methods and techniques to new employees; as necessary, conduct in-service and competency testing of employees.
- Participating in creating and developing SOPs for tasks in which proficiency has been demonstrated.
- Representing the lab testing, QC and QA program while interacting with other groups.
- While working under the Lab Manager, will be investigating and following-up on proficiency testing, QC results and patient testing that does not meet standards.
- Performing additional duties and projects assigned by Lab Manager.
- Able to show support of the mission/vision/value statements, standards, policies/procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and ethical behavior.
- Complies with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations governing clinical laboratory operations
- California Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) license
- Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Arts in a biology-related science
- 6+ years of experience performing high-complexity testing in a clinical lab
- Proficiency in MS Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Demonstrable analytical skills, inc. working with databases
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to form and foster effective working relationships with employees across all levels in addition to customers and vendors.
- Demonstrable proficiency in the performance of molecular testing techniques (PCR, rt PCR, etc.) is highly desirable
- Expertise with immunology, microbiology or related fields is desired
- Demonstable understanding of a disease with complex treatment algorithms, strongly preferred
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
Work as our full-time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement, etc.) - OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts. www.LoveYourJob.com