Systems Administrator - Active Clearance Needed
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: Systems Administrator
Location: Cambridge, MA
Duration: 6+ Months
Candidates need to be a US Citizen as the Laboratory is a cleared facility.
An Active Secret Clearance without Incident is required for this role. A Top Secret Clearance is preferred.
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. An essential function of this job is physical attendance. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The Systems Administrator is a key member within our dynamic research and development environments, providing complete support for a wide range of IT Infrastructure technologies. You will design, deploy, support, secure, maintain and document all aspects of the wide-ranging IT Systems. Duties include but are not limited to system design, system deployment, troubleshooting, software patching, license management, hardware and software management, as well as lifecycle management.
- Must possess a Secret clearance; Top Secret clearance a plus
- Provide the overall System Administration, IT support for independent IT systems within R&D environments
- Installs, configures, troubleshoots, and maintains system configurations (hardware and software) to ensure proper functionality and operational efficiencies.
- Responsible for day to day functionality, support and maintenance of IT Infrastructure systems
- Conducts the integration/testing, operations, and maintenance of systems security.
- The System Admin will maintain and update documentation, including standard operating procedures, network drawings and configuration documentation
- Conduct reviews and technical inspections to identify and mitigate potential security weaknesses, and ensure that all security features applied to a system are implemented and functional
- The Systems Administrator will assist with the investigation of security incidents to include data spills, data integrity incidents, and malicious code incidents
- Ensure system security measures are correctly applied and remain intact.
- Accurately assess the impact of modifications and vulnerabilities for each system
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Reports status and progress to management
- Extensive experience with Windows 10; Server 2016, 2012
- Strong knowledge of client/server environments, Group Policies, Domain Services and Networking
- Demonstrated ability with VMware and virtualization
- Expertise with Linux operating systems is highly desired
- Demonstrated experience with IT Infrastructure implementation, administration and day-to-day monitoring
- General knowledge of the NIST Risk Management Framework, other computer security publications, and implementing system security controls
- Four or more years of relevant experience preferred
- Off-hour/on-call support as needed. Schedule flexibility is required as some work must be done outside of major production hours
- Excellent time management skills, and the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to work efficiently and independently with minimal supervision (i.e. self-motivated and willing to stretch to meet important deadlines)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Vendor specific certifications from Cisco, Microsoft or Dell are desired
- Preference given with one or more professional certifications in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M, IAT Level II and IAM Level I
We have placed many talented engineers with this client over the years - If you are qualified - we can get you in!!!
Our client, one of the most prestigious Research and Development Labs in the country, is working on solutions to our nation's most complex defense and commercial related challenges.
The mission is critical and the work is as cutting edge as it is rewarding. The teams are superbly managed groups of world class engineers from all types of interesting and diverse backgrounds – AND THEY ARE HIRING!
Make this your next career move as one of our many long term contractors or employees!
Work as our full time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement, etc.) – OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.