ASIC/FPGA Design Verification Engineer
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: ASIC/FPGA Design Verification Engineer
Location: Lexington, MA
Duration: 36 Months and 40 hours per week
*Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain a Security Clearance for access to classified information. An Active Secret Clearance without incident is desired.
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. An essential function of this job is physical attendance. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The Tactical Networks Group specializes in advanced network and communications systems development, with a focus on rapid prototyping of radical next generation tactical mobile, military airborne communications systems.
Position Scope/Job Functions
The Tactical Networks Group is seeking to hire an ASIC/FPGA design verification engineer that will participate in the verification effort of wireless communications systems. The group is developing novel new architectures and waveforms and is looking to add to the team that will prototype and field test the technologies. This individual will be a key member of the hardware team, working closely with the designers to develop the verification environment, test plans and functionality of the ASIC and FPGA Designs.
1. Experience in going through several complete and successful ASIC/FPGA design/verification cycles from architecting and creation of FPGA/ASIC test environment to demonstration on hardware
2. In-depth understanding of digital signal processing algorithms relevant to communications
3. Solid verification skills, which includes planning, debugging, random testing, black box testing and adversarial testing for ASIC and Xilinx FPGAs and Vivado
4. Solid verification experience working with VHDL Designs using VHDL or System Verilog
5. Strong C/C++ and scripting (TCL and Python preferred) experience
6. Experience in Testplan definition, Testbench design and development, coverage specification and analysis and automation of the regression test suite
1. Proficient in OS-VVM, UVM, or other functional verification methodologies
2. ASIC verification experience
3. Strong understanding of fundamentals of wireless digital communications systems and all PHY processes from data in to baseband I/Q out. Be able to clearly articulate the function of all digital blocks in a typical communications chain (encoders, modulators, correlators, matrix arithmetic, etc.).
4. Experience with MatLab is a plus
MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering or Computer Science plus 8 years experience or BS and 10+ years experience
Our client, one of the most prestigious Research and Development Labs in the country, is working on solutions to our nation's most complex defense and commercial related challenges. We have placed hundreds of talented engineers with this client over the years - If you are qualified - we can get you in!!!
The mission is critical and the work is as cutting-edge as it is rewarding. The teams are superbly managed groups of world class engineers from all types of interesting and diverse backgrounds - AND THEY ARE HIRING!
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
Work as our full-time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement, etc.) - OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.