C++ Radar Software Engineer - Active Clearance Required
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: C++ Radar Software Engineer
Location: Lexington, MA
Duration: 36 Months and 40 hours per week
*Applicants must possess an active Security Clearance without incident for access to classified information.
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. An essential function of this job is physical attendance. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Our client’s Advanced Sensor Systems and Test Beds Group supports the Department of Defense (DoD) by designing and developing modern sensor systems and components to enable a ballistic missile defense system. The group is in need of software engineers for the rapid prototyping of advanced sensor control and signal processing systems. Software will be developed within a modern, object-oriented, modular open-systems architecture primarily using C++, Linux, and publish-subscribe middleware. The focus will be primarily on software for controlling radars, but could also extend to telemetry and optical systems.
Position Scope/Job Functions
- Domains: Software/application design, development, and support; coder; system configuration management; system troubleshooting.
- Design, develop, and support technical programs utilizing modern, object-oriented, modular open-systems architecture primarily using C++, Linux, and publish-subscribe middleware.
- The developer will follow the full software life cycle of design, development, testing, timing, debugging and deployment.
- In-depth knowledge of C++ object-oriented programming with several years’ experience applying this knowledge to complex software architectures
- Proven ability to quickly and effectively learn new technologies and programming languages, adapt to new environments and methodologies, and work outside one's own comfort zone
- Experience with modern software development practices (e.g. spiral development), version control systems, debugging tools, and coordination/collaboration tools
- Experience with software development within a Linux/UNIX environment
- Experience developing Graphical User Interfaces within a Linux/UNIX environment
- Experience with other programming/scripting languages such as Java, C, Python, MATLAB, and shell scripting
- Experience with publish-subscribe middleware, parallel programming, and distributed systems
- Familiarity with UNIX-like operating system architectures, network programming, and real-time programming
- Familiarity with the architecture of x86-based computer hardware
- Familiarity with basic UNIX system and network configuration and administration to the extent that it aids in software development
- Experience with basic data visualization and display toolkits and methodologies
- Familiarity with, or a strong desire to learn about, processing and control of active sensing technologies such as Radars
- Desire and ability to participate in field testing which may involve travel
Education/Professional Certifications/Substituting Off-Set
MS plus 3 years minimum experience, or BS plus 5 years minimum experience. Substitution will be considered.
Our client, one of the most prestigious Research and Development Labs in the country, is working on solutions to our nation's most complex defense and commercial related challenges. We have placed hundreds of talented engineers with this client over the years - If you are qualified - we can get you in!!!
The mission is critical and the work is as cutting-edge as it is rewarding. The teams are superbly managed groups of world class engineers from all types of interesting and diverse backgrounds - AND THEY ARE HIRING!
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
Work as our full-time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement, etc.) - OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.