Radar Digital Hardware Engineer - Active Clearance Required
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: Radar Digital Hardware Engineer
Location: Lexington, MA
Duration: 36 Months and 40 hours per week
*Applicants must possess an active Security Clearance without incident for access to classified information.
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. An essential function of this job is physical attendance. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Advanced Sensor Systems and Test Beds Group (Group 33) supports Department of Defense (DoD) designing and developing various testbed systems and components to assist data collection for ballistic missile defense tests. Major activities within the group include system
concept development for RF and optical systems, modeling and simulation, signal processing algorithm design, RF and optical system design and development, experimental field-testing and data analysis and development of one-of-a-kind operational and experimental test assets. The group has expertise in adaptive sensor array processing for both radar and communications, advanced real-time software techniques, signal detection and estimation, communications, and systems analysis. An Engineer contract staff are needed for rapid design and development of digital hardware and firmware controlling a number of RADAR systems developed internally.
Position Scope/Job Functions
Radar / RF hardware / Digital hardware engineers are needed to design, build, and integrate advanced HF and microwave radar systems. The ideal candidates would have a broad background with relevant system design, but would also be capable of diving deep into one or more of the various aspects of design realization. Successful candidates will develop system hardware platforms with the scope of work from system level tradeoffs to component selection, and also participate in defining requirements for subsystems and components. Activities include radar hardware architecture and detailed design and implementation, component selection, schematic capture, board layout, hardware testing, firmware implementation for Xilinx FPGA , engage CAE tools as needed to support project needs. Develop test plans to evaluate radar systems and/or subsystems, execute tests, analyze data, and evaluate performance. Separate RF and digital hardware backgrounds will be considered.
Digital Hardware skills:
- Strong knowledge of VHDL/Verilog, Vivado/ISE, ISIM, EDK, System Generator, 3rd Part IP
- Developing VHDL/Verilog test benches for functional and timing simulation
- Detailed PCB design and bring up using Mentor Graphics and Altium
- Usage of test equipment, RF signal generators, Oscilloscopes and Logic Analyzers
- Working under Windows 7/10 and Linux environments, TCL, basic Matlab scripts RF hardware skills:
- 4 years or more of relevant design experience, hands-on system realization and field testing of HF, VHF/UHF, and microwave radar systems.
- Wideband phased array radar systems analysis and design, associated signal and data processing, radar calibration and testing
- Strong familiarity of RF component design, analysis, fabrication, and troubleshooting
- Strong familiarity with RF laboratory equipment including waveform generators, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, and network analyzers
Candidates must have good organizational skills with the ability to complete assignments working independently and in a team environment
- Radar timing and basic signal processing. RF converters
- Xilinx FPGA development and test in an Embedded environment
- PCB design, schematic capture, component selections and simulation using Altium/Mentor Graphics. Evaluating design tradeoff against speed and resource utilization
- Experience with various hardware interfaces and communication: PCIe, I2C, LVDS, Serial Data over Fiber Optics with Protocol knowledge
- Software design and development in C/C++
- System integration experiences: HW/SW integration in lab and at site and developing test procedures
- Usage of source code revision control systems such as GIT
- Strong knowledge and understanding of analog RF components, ADC and DAC performances
- Experience with radar signal processing, statistical signal processing, and moving target detection and tracking
- Familiarity with industry standard electromagnetic antenna modeling software
- Familiarity with industry standard RF circuit design software and PCB layout
- Must be a self-starter who is capable of working independently.
- Excellent communication skills written and spoken
- Ability to work in a fast moving team environment
- Desire and ability to participate in field testing which may involve travel
Education/Professional Certifications/Substituting Off-Set
PhD plus 5 years minimum experience or MS plus 8 years minimum experience.
Our client, one of the most prestigious Research and Development Labs in the country, is working on solutions to our nation's most complex defense and commercial related challenges. We have placed hundreds of talented engineers with this client over the years - If you are qualified - we can get you in!!!
The mission is critical and the work is as cutting-edge as it is rewarding. The teams are superbly managed groups of world class engineers from all types of interesting and diverse backgrounds - AND THEY ARE HIRING!
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
Work as our full-time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement, etc.) - OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.