Cybersecurity Risk Analyst
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: Cybersecurity Risk Analyst
Location: Lexington, MA
Duration: Direct Hire
*Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain a Top Secret Security Clearance for access to classified information. An Active Secret Clearance without incident is desired.
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. An essential function of this job is physical attendance. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The Cybersecurity Risk Analysis Team is a Tier-3 technical analysis section within the Information Security Group. The team provides specialized technical and operational threat intelligence and analysis capabilities in support of many challenging technical security issues within the Laboratory. Team members are encouraged to meet their full human potential and professional growth by being provided career opportunities that challenge and maximize the limits of their existing skill sets. Staff members maintain proficiency through a wide variety of training opportunities, collaborative efforts and the analysis of difficult problems in support of national security.
Cybersecurity Risk Analyst IT IC Level 3
The Cybersecurity Risk Analyst IT IC Level 3 uses his/her technical experience to quickly understand multiple networked computer environments and determine whether the appropriate level of security measures are in-effect based on applicable security best practices and/or governing policies and regulations. This position requires collaboration with other highly skilled members of the Information Security Group, Security Services Department (SSD), Information Services Department (ISD) and Technical Research Divisions. The position works with both research and operations staff to provide timely and quality guidance and oversight to ensure that regulatory and compliance risks are adequately identified, communicated, and tracked for remediation. This position is primarily responsible for conducting security compliance audits, Data Security Plans (DSPs), cybersecurity risk analysis, information security risk assessments and policy, process and procedure development in accordance with cognizant DoD standards, as well as information security industry best practices. The position performs audits of classified and unclassified Information Systems (IS) to ensure that they are in compliance with applicable laws and government regulations, to include the National Industrial Security Program Operation Manual (NISPOM) guidelines, DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) – 252.204-7012 Safeguarding Covered Defense Information and Cyber Incident Reporting, Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), Defense Security Service (DSS) Assessment and Authorization Manual (DAAPM), National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) standards and special publications and Laboratory Information System Security Procedures. The position requires significant report writing and briefing to key staff members, Group and Division Leadership across the Laboratory. The position also requires a high level of communication skills, to include the ability to provide training and briefings to all levels of the organization. Excellent writing skills are required in order to complete extensive written reports, documenting inspection findings and observations.
Primary Duties Include:
- Audit information systems according to NIST SP 800-37 and 800-53, 800-171, NISPOM and DFARs frameworks
- Perform risk analysis and reporting on DFARs, NIST RMF, and NISPOM compliance
- Perform complex analysis of risk of security exceptions through the data security plan process
- Recommend and develop mitigations to facilitate continued research despite exceptions from traditional security controls
- Develop and enforce information security policy
- Conduct staff security outreach and engagement
- Assess security risks of cutting edge technology
- Support vulnerability management operations through documentation and reporting of findings to lab leadership
- Support incident response and remediation efforts
- Bachelor’s degree. Preference to candidates with technical degrees in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, or related field.
- Master’s degree in one of the above fields is preferred
- CISSP, CISA, CAP, Security+, GSEC, or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience IT security experience in DoD Industrial Security is preferred, with focus on Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS), NIST SP 800-171, 800-53 and DoD Risk Management Framework
- Experience reviewing/analyzing vulnerability scans or configuring host based security solutions is a plus.
- Demonstrated capabilities in presenting ideas written and orally are required.
- Some local and overnight travel may be required (less than 10%).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Selected candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation and must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret level DoD security clearance
Our client, one of the most prestigious Research and Development Labs in the country, is working on solutions to our nation's most complex defense and commercial related challenges. We have placed hundreds of talented engineers with this client over the years - If you are qualified - we can get you in!!!
The mission is critical and the work is as cutting-edge as it is rewarding. The teams are superbly managed groups of world class engineers from all types of interesting and diverse backgrounds - AND THEY ARE HIRING!
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.