VHDL Design Engineer
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: VHDL Design Engineer
Location: Lexington, MA
Duration: 36 Months and 40 hours per week
*Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain a Security Clearance for access to classified information. An Active Secret Clearance without incident is desired.
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. An essential function of this job is physical attendance. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The Tactical Networks Group specializes in advanced network and communications systems development, with a focus on rapid prototyping of waveforms and algorithms to support radical next generation tactical mobile, military airborne communications systems. The group is seeking an experienced FPGA Designer to implement cutting edge algorithms.
Position Scope/Job Functions:
The Tactical Networks Group is seeking to hire two FPGA designers with experience working on different aspects of FPGA design and implementation for a high-throughput signal processing system for communications applications. The candidate for this position must have experience working independently and part of a team on complex VHDL designs and multi-FPGA implementations. The candidate must be able to develop new RTL modules with minimal supervision.
1. Proficiency with digital hardware (FPGA) design and implementation using VHDL
2. Experience with the Xilinx Virtex/Kintex 7 or UltraScale/Ultrascale+ family of devices
3. Proficiency in the Vivado/Modelsim/QuestaSim workflow
4. Proficiency in implementing signal processing algorithms in an FPGA
5. Understanding of integrating 3rd party IP in an FPGA
6. Proficiency in board-level interface debugging and verification
7. Proficiency using a Linux OS
1. Experience with integrating and deploying multiple FPGAs using high speed interfaces such as Aurora, Serial RapidIO, PCIe and/or 10G/1G Ethernet
2. Experience with script development and task automation in an interpreted scripting language such as Python, TCL, Perl, BASH or TCSH
3. Hands-on experience with HW test equipment such as Oscilloscopes and Spectrum Analyzers,
4. Experience with Xilinx Zinq, MPSOC, or RFSOC devices
5. Familiarity with software development in C/C++
6. Familiarity with UVM and SystemVerilog
PhD plus 5 years relevant experience OR MS plus 8 years relevant experience
Our client, one of the most prestigious Research and Development Labs in the country, is working on solutions to our nation's most complex defense and commercial related challenges. We have placed hundreds of talented engineers with this client over the years - If you are qualified - we can get you in!!!
The mission is critical and the work is as cutting-edge as it is rewarding. The teams are superbly managed groups of world class engineers from all types of interesting and diverse backgrounds - AND THEY ARE HIRING!
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
Work as our full-time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement, etc.) - OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.