C++ Object Oriented Software Programmer
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: C++ Object Oriented Software Programmer
Location: Lexington, MA
Duration: 36 Months and 40 hours per week
*Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain a Security Clearance for access to classified information. An Active Secret Clearance without incident is desired.
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. An essential function of this job is physical attendance. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Our client’s Advanced Sensor Systems & Test Beds develops and integrates a wide variety of instruments for the collection of data and demonstration of processing techniques. This data is then used to develop and demonstrate concepts for solutions of defense intelligence needs. The group is in need of software engineers for the rapid prototyping of advanced sensor control and signal processing systems. The Group is in need of a Programmer to support development of these data collection platforms.
Position Scope/Job Functions
- Design, develop, and support technical programs utilizing modern, object-oriented, modular open-systems architecture primarily using C++, Linux, and publish-subscribe middleware
- Collaborate with engineers to transition prototype algorithm concepts into real-time demonstration systems
- Verify and validate system performance against baseline development tools
- Create a real-time user interaction environment for data collection and processing platforms
- Possess strong skills in engineering troubleshooting, being able to identify and remediate faults that present themselves within the system
- The developer will follow the full software life cycle of design, development, testing, timing, debugging and deployment
- Proven ability to quickly and effectively learn new technologies and programming languages, adapt to new environments and methodologies
- Strong teamwork experience and organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge of C++ object-oriented programming with experience applying this knowledge to complex software architectures
- Experience with modern software development practices (e.g. spiral development), version control systems, debugging tools and coordination/collaboration tools
- Experience with software development within a Linux environment, network programming and parallel programming (multi-threading, synchronization, etc.)
- Experience with developing distributed systems involving publish-subscribe Middleware, DDS
- Familiarity with the architecture of x86-based computer hardware and UNIX-like operating systems
- Experience with other programming/scripting languages such as Java, C, Python, MATLAB, and shell scripting
- Experience with publish-subscribe middleware, parallel programming, and distributed systems
- Familiarity with, or a strong desire to learn about, processing and control of active sensing technologies such as Radars
- Desire and ability to participate in field testing which may involve travel
- Proficient GUI development skills in QT
BS plus 1 year minimum relevant experience, or Associates Degree plus 3 years minimum relevant experience, or Technical School Certificate plus 3 years minimum relevant experience. Substitution will be considered
Our client, one of the most prestigious Research and Development Labs in the country, is working on solutions to our nation's most complex defense and commercial related challenges. We have placed hundreds of talented engineers with this client over the years - If you are qualified - we can get you in!!!
The mission is critical and the work is as cutting-edge as it is rewarding. The teams are superbly managed groups of world class engineers from all types of interesting and diverse backgrounds - AND THEY ARE HIRING!
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
Work as our full-time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement, etc.) - OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.