Information Security Team Leader
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: Information Security Team Leader
Location: Lexington, MA
Duration: Direct Hire
*Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain a Top Secret Security Clearance for access to classified information. An Active Top Secret Clearance without incident is desired.
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. An essential function of this job is physical attendance. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Information Security Team Leader – Forensic Analysis Center
The Security Services Department's overall mission is to ensure a safe and secure environment and protect the Laboratory at all facilities in which staff members perform their mission of research and development. To accomplish this mission, this department formulates and implements policies, plans, and actions designed to protect facilities against threats of vandalism, accidental destruction, and sabotage; and safeguards personnel, classified and unclassified information systems, personal identifiable information, property, and other assets from exploitation and recruitment by foreign intelligence agencies.
The Information Security Group provides Cybersecurity and Risk Assessment services to the Laboratory. The functional areas include the Forensic Analysis Center (FAC), consisting of Forensic Services, Cybersecurity Risk Assessment Services, Special Programs Information Assurance (IA) and Collateral Information System Security.
Information Security Team Leader - Forensic Analysis Center reports directly to the Laboratory's Security Services Department Assistant Department Head for Information Security. This position is responsible for leading, coordinating and providing daily work direction for Forensic Analysts assigned to the Laboratory’s Forensic Analysis Center (FAC).
FAC Forensic Analysts provide specialized technical and operational computer forensic, incident response, e-discovery, threat intelligence, investigation and analysis capabilities, as well as insider threat assessments, and also support many challenging technical security issues. The FAC also supports policy, process and procedure development in accordance with cognizant DoD standards, as well as information security industry best practices. The team performs investigations of classified and unclassified Information Systems (IS) to support compliance with applicable laws and government regulations, to include the National Industrial Security Program Operation Manual (NISPOM) and DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) guidelines regarding the protection of classified information systems, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) standards and special publications and Laboratory Information System Security Procedures.
Primary Duties Include:
- Oversee daily activities of the FAC, to include incident response, computer forensic examinations, systems of interest (SOIs) identification and remediation, data recovery, investigations of alleged policy violations, network forensic examinations, malware analysis, analytic and statistical reporting, mobile device analysis and testing, calibration and maintenance of forensic systems and software and e-Discovery issues
- Conduct research and development (R&D) of computer forensic and intrusion analysis methods and procedures. Directly responsible for the accuracy, adequacy and timeliness of FAC computer and network forensic examinations, incidents, intrusion detection and malware analysis activities, as well as case reports provided to SSD, Laboratory leadership and outside agencies as required
- Play a prominent role in computer security incident response, providing guidance on response options and mitigations as required
- Work closely with the IT department in collaboration of incident response and other enterprise activities and security requirements
- Lead and participate in incident handling and forensic investigations of both unclassified and classified Information Systems (IS).
- Lead wireless scan audits and perimeter compliance inspections, network vulnerability testing and remediation, as well as security assessments for new devices and technologies
- Evaluate and understand multiple networked computer environments and determine whether the appropriate level of security measures are in-effect based on applicable security best practices and/or governing policies and regulations
- Assist in planning, organizing and leading IT security projects related to network, system and data security, to include insider threat detection, enterprise information security reporting, auditing, as well as system risk management and mitigation
- Participate in ongoing meetings with Laboratory management and present briefings and reports regarding risk assessments, evaluations of emerging technology, information security incidents and ongoing investigations
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Assurance, Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Cybersecurity, Computer Forensics or related field is required with a minimum of ten (7) years’ experience working in the Information Security field
- Five (5) or more years of leadership experience in a Department of Defense (DoD) Industrial Security or related setting is desired; managing staff in the following areas: Computer Forensics, Incident Response, Information Assurance, Risk Assessment, IT Security
- Strong leadership and supervisory experience demonstrated by process maturity outcomes is required.
- Technical experience, skills and industry IT certifications may be considered substitutes for DoD security experience
- Must have a working knowledge of computer intrusion identification, forensic investigative procedures, digital evidence collection, examination and preservation, rules of evidence, and chain-of-custody requirements. Working knowledge of incident response processes, malware analysis and incident handling tools is required
- Demonstrated knowledge of technology testing and evaluation methods and procedures, including the development of techniques for system acceptability testing and evaluation by establishing test criteria and data to ensure program modules and outputs are assessed and appropriately validated
- Thorough understanding of National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) standards, Federal Information System Modernization Act (FISMA) processes, and The Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) requirements for cloud security, Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) requirements for protecting DoD Contractor information systems
- Must have excellent oral, written and presentation skills. Proven ability to influence outcomes without direct authority is needed. Demonstrated ability to multi task projects/programs and to redirect priorities as needed
- The position has a direct interface and coordination role with members of the IT Department and must have demonstrated ability to work across organizational units and with customers
- Selected candidate must be a reliable self-starter who makes sound, well-informed and objective decisions, works independently under minimal supervision, with a demonstrated ability to manage complex situations, follow-up and solve problems
- Desired certifications include CISSP, Security+, EnCE, CFCE, GCFA, GREM, GCIH, CEH, CISA
- Must have excellent interpersonal communication, organizational, and customer service skills
- Position may require local and some overnight travel
- Selected candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation and must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret level DoD security clearance
Our client, one of the most prestigious Research and Development Labs in the country, is working on solutions to our nation's most complex defense and commercial related challenges. We have placed hundreds of talented engineers with this client over the years - If you are qualified - we can get you in!!!
The mission is critical and the work is as cutting-edge as it is rewarding. The teams are superbly managed groups of world class engineers from all types of interesting and diverse backgrounds - AND THEY ARE HIRING!
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
Work as our full-time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement, etc.) - OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.