Information Security Manager
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: Information Security Manager
Location: Lexington, MA
Duration: Direct Hire
*Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain a Top Secret Security Clearance for access to classified information. An Active Top Secret Clearance without incident is desired.
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. An essential function of this job is physical attendance. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Information Security Manager (Collateral Information Systems)
The Security Services Department's overall mission is to ensure a safe and secure environment and protect the Laboratory at all facilities in which staff members perform their mission of research and development. To accomplish this mission, this department formulates and implements policies, plans, and actions designed to protect facilities against threats of vandalism, accidental destruction, and sabotage; and safeguards personnel, classified and unclassified information systems, personal identifiable information, property, and other assets from exploitation and recruitment by foreign intelligence agencies.
The Information Security Manager (Collateral Information Systems) reports directly to the Security Services Department Assistant Department Head for Information Security. This position is responsible for managing a large portfolio of Laboratory Classified Collateral Information Systems in accordance with the National Industrial Security Program Operations Manual (NISPOM) and Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA) Defense Assessment and Authorization Manual (DAAPM).
This position is responsible for leading, coordinating and providing daily work direction for a large team of Division Informatio0n System Security Managers (ISSMs) and Information Systems Security Officers (ISSOs) assigned to the Security Services Department in support of Collateral Program efforts. The position is responsible for overseeing the assessment, authorization, deployment and maintenance of classified computer systems, adhering to various government security requirements, to include all phases of the DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) lifecycle. Experience with a wide variety of operating system platforms, applications, as well as network and systems architecture is essential for the candidate to be successful in this position. The position will also develop and conduct security education programs for their staff and Laboratory's user community.
The position directly supports the information system inspection and review program to assess the security posture of DoD information systems and oversee implementation of corrective actions and technological upgrades. The position facilitates and oversees the classified systems certification and accreditation/authorization process in accordance with the appropriate regulatory guidance, and coordinates the proper de-certification of classified information systems and media. The position requires the coordination and participation in the investigation and mitigation of information system contaminations and other incidents as necessary. The candidate will have oversight of configuration, maintenance and accreditation activities of the Laboratory's SIPRNET environment, and be responsible for Command Cyber Readiness Inspection (CCRI) readiness preparations.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, or related discipline required with a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience working in the Information Security field, preferably within DoD Collateral or Sensitive Compartmented Information Programs.
- Must have a minimum of seven (7) years’ leadership and supervisory experience in a DoD or Industrial Security environment, with demonstrated security process maturity outcomes.
- Technical experience and skills, course work completed toward a degree, and industry IT certifications may be considered substitutes for education and DoD security experience
- The candidate will be required to obtain a CISSP or CISM certification within 6 months of assuming the position. Other industry technical certifications are also desirable
- A demonstrated working knowledge and technical experience with NISPOM and DAAPM is a requirement
- Strong knowledge of network environments and various network infrastructure products such as routers and switches, Firewall/VPN equipment and Data Loss Prevention strategies utilizing Endpoint Security solutions.
- Experience with audit log analysis and aggregation tools (native tools, Splunk, CornerBowl), as well as Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools (QRadar, Splunk, SecureVue, etc.)
- Experience with enhanced DoD security controls for government networks including the Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS), Host-Based Security System (HBSS), Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG), and Secure Host baseline (SHB)
- Experience working with various DoD agencies including Federally Funded Research and Development Centers (FFRDC), Defense Security Service (DSS), Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), and USCYBERCOM is highly desired
- Familiar with various other information security frameworks, including: National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) 800-series Special Publications, Director of Central Intelligence Directives (DCID), Joint Air Force-Army-Navy (JAFAN), Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 503, the Joint Sap Implementation Guide (JSIG),
- Demonstrated experience with the implementation of the Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- A demonstrated understanding of information assurance and information security principals is required
- Previous supervisory experience required
- Experience with developing organizational policies and procedures is required
- Demonstrated capabilities in presenting ideas written and orally are required
- Local as well as some overnight travel will be required
- Selected candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation and must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret level DoD security clearance with compartmented program eligibility
- U.S. Citizenship is required
Our client, one of the most prestigious Research and Development Labs in the country, is working on solutions to our nation's most complex defense and commercial related challenges. We have placed hundreds of talented engineers with this client over the years - If you are qualified - we can get you in!!!
The mission is critical and the work is as cutting-edge as it is rewarding. The teams are superbly managed groups of world class engineers from all types of interesting and diverse backgrounds - AND THEY ARE HIRING!
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
Work as our full-time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement, etc.) - OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.