BEOL Fabrication and Packaging Engineer Support
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: BEOL Fabrication and Packaging Engineer Support
Location: Lexington, MA
Duration: 36 Months and 40 hours per week
*Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain a Security Clearance for access to classified information. An Active Secret Clearance without incident is desired.
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. An essential function of this job is physical attendance. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Our client’s Quantum Information and Integrated Nanosystems Group conducts both quantum information science research and classical technology prototyping from a shared foundation of state-of-the-art fabrication facilities, well-equipped measurement laboratories, and innovative architectures. The group has robust capabilities in classical superconducting circuits, CMOS design and fabrication, and integrated photonic platforms. These component technologies are used to enable the quantum information science demonstrations as well as in stand-alone applications that include beyond-CMOS circuit technologies, compact optical communication and laser radar transceivers, and microwave photonic signal processing.
The group is seeking a back-end-of-line (BEOL) fabrication and packaging engineer to transition silicon, compound-semiconductor, and hybrid optoelectronic components and photonic integrated circuits (PICs) from the fab through packaging, electronic integration, testing and deployment. This requisition is for engineering support to participate in the development of these components, PICs, and electronic-photonic integrated subsystems.
Position Scope/Job Functions
This individual will work with a team of engineers and scientists engaged in the design, fabrication, packaging, characterization, and deployment of advanced optoelectronic components, PICs, and electronic-photonic integrated subsystems. The work will involve strong interactions between the different disciplines to realize packaged components and subsystems that can be evaluated in both laboratory and field environments.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing approaches and techniques to package optoelectronic components and PICs including the optical, electrical, mechanical and thermal interfaces
- Designing submounts, packages, test fixtures, and electronic interfaces
- Performing back-end processing and packaging tasks including dicing, cleaving, polishing, mounting, soldering, wire bonding, optical fiber pigtailing, and flip-chip hybrid integration
- Integrating components and PICs with interface electronics
- Supporting test and evaluation of components, PICs, and subsystems
- Thorough understanding of the fabrication and packaging of optoelectronic components (e.g., lasers, optical modulators, photodiodes, PICs)
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with BEOL fabrication processes and packaging techniques
- Demonstrated experience with hands-on or contracted design and fabrication of mechanical mounts, fixtures, and packages
- Demonstrated abilities to work both independently and as a member of a dynamic team
- Effective communication with technical staff and technicians within and outside field of specialization
- Experience with mechanical modeling and design software (e.g., Solidworks, Autodesk)
- Experience with electronic printed circuit board (PCB) design, layout, and fabrication
- Experience with front-end-of-line (FEOL) fabrication processes including lithography, etching, dielectric and metal deposition, and metrology
- Experience with manual and/or automated pick-and-place fabrication tools
- Experience with optoelectronic and photonic test equipment including tunable lasers, optical power meters, optical end electronic spectrum analyzers, and micropositioners
- Experience using and programming lab automation software (e.g., LabVIEW, Matlab, Python)
BS plus 1 year minimum relevant experience.
Our client, one of the most prestigious Research and Development Labs in the country, is working on solutions to our nation's most complex defense and commercial related challenges. We have placed hundreds of talented engineers with this client over the years - If you are qualified - we can get you in!!!
The mission is critical and the work is as cutting-edge as it is rewarding. The teams are superbly managed groups of world class engineers from all types of interesting and diverse backgrounds - AND THEY ARE HIRING!
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
Work as our full-time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement, etc.) - OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.