Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: ServiceNow Engineer
Location: Lexington, MA
Duration: Direct Hire
*Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain a Security Clearance for access to classified information. An Active Secret Clearance without incident is desired.
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. An essential function of this job is physical attendance. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Our client’s Enterprise Technology and Tools (ETT) Team provides resources to assist with compliance execution, reporting, and vulnerability-remediation activities. These services are offered across the Laboratory through the ISD Embedded System Administrator (ESA) Group. In addition, the ETT Team is responsible for the overall operation of monitoring tools. Such tools include SolarWinds, the Laboratory’s IT service management (ITSM) tool—Footprints, and the Laboratory’s central visibility tool—BigFix. The ETT CES team is also responsible for maintaining both DoD and non-DoD information systems at an inspection ready posture.
The ServiceNow platform has been selected as the solution that will enable modern service delivery at the Laboratory. The ServiceNow platform will be utilized to manage IT service requests and be extended to support other services across the Laboratory as the Enterprise Service Management platform.
This position, reporting to the Enterprise Service Management (ESM) Team Lead, is critical to the success of the project acting as the Laboratory’s ServiceNow subject matter expert, responsible for the platform in alignment with direction from both the project governance and the Information Services Department (ISD) leadership teams. The successful individual would be required to have an expert level understanding of both cloud-based as well on on-prem implementations of ServiceNow to align the service request fulfilment methodology across the Laboratory’s mission areas.
The Primary focus of this position will be the implementation, ongoing maintenance and continued service management of enhancements associated ServiceNow platform. This position would work collaboratively with both our internal ISD teams, Laboratory stakeholders as well as our vendor implementation partner in supporting the successful deployment of ServiceNow.
The individual selected will be a ServiceNow expert, entrenched in the ServiceNow ecosystem and demonstrate hands-on deep knowledge of the platform. This position will be responsible for ensuring that out-of-the-box configurations and integration methodologies are utilized to future proof the Laboratory’s instances, ensuring an optimal upgrade path exists as well as building and maintaining the development methodology to ensure successful releases/enhancements. Additionally, the successful candidate will work with other ISD engineers to implement the platform in alignment with and make utilization of existing services to align the ServiceNow architecture with current solutions and policy.
The position requires excellent listening skills along with a willingness to focus on enterprise solutions. The successful candidate must exercise strong collaboration skills to work closely with other teams across the Laboratory to provide high quality services and value and positively contribute to organizational change in acting as a change agent in support of the project.
Customer Service, Platform Support and Platform Training
- Contribute to the development of the platform support plan to include both on-site and vendor (ServiceNow) support matrixes
- Deliver tier 3 platform support for the Laboratory community ensuring a true customer focus with a high level of empathy
- Develop the appropriate training and documentation to enable platform support at the tier 0-2 support levels
- Work with other members of the ESM team to ensure continuity in service support and a shared methodology in platform operations
- Contribute to the development of an internal ServiceNow Center of Excellence providing necessary training, mentoring and documentation to other ESM / ISD team members
Outreach, collaboration and Platform Effectiveness
- Partner with ISD Client Services to ensure the successful implementation of critical ITSM processes – including Incident, Change, Request, Problem and Knowledge Management
- Partner with ISD Client Services Group and ESM Governance to enable process automation, optimization, and adoption of future releases
- Partner with other Laboratory departments and groups to participate in the requirements gathering for future project phases
- Assist in creating knowledge base and documentation based on ISD support tiers
- Work with leadership and project teams to develop appropriate metrics and KPIs to drive decisions towards future platform capabilities / enhancements
Implement, administer & optimize the ServiceNow platform.
- Work closely with the implementation vendor and ServiceNow to implement the ServiceNow Platform for the Laboratory
- Work closely with other ISD teams to configure ServiceNow to align with existing solutions / architectures and configurations (e.g. Single Sign-On (SSO), M365 and SAP)
- Work closely with other ISD teams to develop and support the appropriate data integrations and more specifically with CMDB and ITOM
- Develop testing methodologies to ensure alignment with ServiceNow best practices and to promote over all platform instance performance
- Participate in the testing and quality assurance of new releases within ServiceNow
- Develop API driven solutions (where appropriate) to promote automation and efficiency
- Develop standardized documentation for service
- Maintain overall operational awareness of platform
This position is under general supervision of the ISD Enterprise Technology and Tools ESM Team Lead. This position on does not have direct financial responsibility. However technical expertise may be required for assisting with product selection and annual product support renewals. This position will maintain frequent contact with internal department and/or Laboratory user community as well as external vendors to maintain communications related to problem resolution, systems upgrades, services and product research.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or 8+ years relevant technical experience.
- Excellent customer service skills, including presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Expert technical depth with ServiceNow ecosystem utilizing best practices with demonstrate ServiceNow Depth of Knowledge across the platform including integrations with leading technologies (ServiceNow Certification(s))
- Experience with ServiceNow and the Configuration Management and IT Discovery in an Enterprise production environment
- Strong familiarity with ITSM and implementation of ITIL standards within the ServiceNow Platform
- Demonstrate in-depth enterprise-level networking knowledge as it relates to cloud and cloud implementations
- Programming or scripting language with ability to automate processes through API
- Cloud service monitoring experience or certification
- Enterprise-networking knowledge in TCP/IP, Routing, SMTP/SNMP, LAN/WAN
- Ability to work independently toward delivery of goals as well as collaborate in team efforts
- First-hand experience in government cloud, with experience in operating within FedRamp guidelines
- ITIL foundations experience and/or certification.
- Strong foundational skills in organizing and able to execute multiple IT projects with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate the ability to learn new technologies and disciplines quickly.
- Experience with mentoring or teaching infrastructure monitoring to peers.
8+ years experience in the information technology field.
6+ years experience in operating / maintaining the ServiceNow Platform.
5+ years experience in implementing IT projects.
Ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
Occasional off-hour/on-call support is necessary. A certain degree of flexibility of schedule is required as some work (planned/unplanned) must be done outside of major production hours during pre-scheduled maintenance windows. This position requires and individual with excellent communication (both oral and writing) and organizational skills. The individual must be able to work in a fast-paced environment at times with minimal supervision and execute operations, project and administrative tasks with a high degree of quality, while following existing processes and establishing new operational procedures and best practices where necessary. Additionally, the position requires the ability to work with members of other teams and staff to accomplish department and organizational goals.
Our client, one of the most prestigious Research and Development Labs in the country, is working on solutions to our nation's most complex defense and commercial related challenges. We have placed hundreds of talented engineers with this client over the years - If you are qualified - we can get you in!!!
The mission is critical and the work is as cutting-edge as it is rewarding. The teams are superbly managed groups of world class engineers from all types of interesting and diverse backgrounds - AND THEY ARE HIRING!
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.