AI/ML Python Engineer
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: AI/ML Python Engineer
Location: Lexington, MA
Duration: 36 Months and 40 hours per week
*Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain a Security Clearance for access to classified information. An Active Secret Clearance without incident is desired.
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. An essential function of this job is physical attendance. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Our client’s Artificial Intelligence (AI) Software Architectures & Algorithms group seeks two Software Engineer subcontractors to support the research and development of AI and machine learning (ML) projects utilizing Agile development and deployed to a cloud environment. This provides an ideal opportunity for novel AI/ML technology development for national security, as a member of a small collaborative team, with access to both subject matter experts and unique data sets. Laboratory technical staff will design the system architecture and simulation environments with input from the subcontractor. Under the guidance of technical staff, the candidate will perform the coding, development, implementation, integration, and testing of these systems.
Position Scope/Job Functions
The candidate will work in support of technical staff from multiple groups developing algorithms, datasets, simulation environments, assets and interfaces used in the development of artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), natural language processing (NLP), computer vision, and autonomy projects. The candidate must be experienced in software design, development, integration, testing, documentation, and maintenance. Work will be executed primarily in Python in a mixed Windows/Linux environment. Experience with supporting frameworks for visualization and display is highly desired.
The candidate must have expertise with Python development and AI/ML tools and libraries, along with modeling and visualization frameworks. Experience developing innovative applications in a research environment is especially useful.
• Extensive experience with Python Applications
• Experience developing simulation environments for cloud deployment
• Experience truthing and working with image-based data sets
• Strong object-oriented development skills
• Experience with modern development tools such as Github, etc.
• Experience with container-based deployment tools, such as Docker
• Understanding of the Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery process
• Work well with in a fast moving, small team environment
• Experience developing simulation environments for use in AI/ML and machine vision applications
• Expertise in basic machine learning tools (PyTorch, Tensorflow, etc.)
• Experience with cloud based architectures, such as AWS
• Solid understanding of Linux and Windows operating systems
• Familiarity with multi-user simulation environments
• Familiarity with developing artificial intelligence, machine learning, or deep learning
• Familiarity with natural language processing (NLP)
• Existing Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance is not required, but considered a plus
PhD plus 5 years’ experience OR MS plus 8 years’ hands-on AI/ML experience is required. The academic degree will be in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics. Experience in lieu of education will be considered.
Our client, one of the most prestigious Research and Development Labs in the country, is working on solutions to our nation's most complex defense and commercial related challenges. We have placed hundreds of talented engineers with this client over the years - If you are qualified - we can get you in!!!
The mission is critical and the work is as cutting-edge as it is rewarding. The teams are superbly managed groups of world class engineers from all types of interesting and diverse backgrounds - AND THEY ARE HIRING!
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
Work as our full-time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement, etc.) - OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.