Clinical Laboratory Scientist
San Diego, CA
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: Clinical Laboratory Scientists
Location: San Diego, CA
Duration: Direct Hire
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. An essential function of this job is physical attendance. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer which includes providing equal employment opportunity for all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Our client is looking for Clinical Laboratory Scientists. A Clinical Lab Scientist performs high complexity laboratory testing (Next Generation DNA sequencing) on patient specimens, performs quality control and quality assurance procedures, interprets and reports patient results, and complies with all applicable local, state and federal laboratory requirements. The work requires you to keep meticulous and organized records, be detail-oriented, able to multitask, and having flexibility with tasks and schedules.
- Conducts laboratory tests, procedures and analyses per the lab’s SOPs
- Analyzing and reporting patient results in LIMS
- Identifies and troubleshoots tough challenges that adversely affect the test performance
- Conducts, reviews and documents laboratory QC procedures
- Documents all CAPAs taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications
- Carries out and documents standard preventive maintenance
- Helps to train new lab personnel
- Maintains proper inventory of lab supplies for daily operations and prepares reagents which are needed for testing
- Conducts and documents reagent qualification per the protocols
- Performing annual review of SOPs
- Reporting any concerns of test quality and/or safety to the Lab Supervisor or Safety Officer
- Develops assay improvements, new assay configurations and validation
- Any additional lab duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- CA State Clinical Laboratory Scientist license
- BA or BS degree in Biomedical Laboratory Science, Clinical Science or related field
- Familiar with local, state, and federal laboratory regulations
- Handles and applies feedback in a professional manner
- Ability to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality
- Able to work as part of a team
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- Hours and days may vary depending on operational needs
- Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary.
- Potential to be exposed to hazardous materials, blood specimens and instruments with moving parts, heating or freezing elements, and high speed centrifugation
- Repetitive manual pipetting may be necessary
- Ability to lift up to 20-30 pounds, as required
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.