Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: Systems Administrator
Location: Lexington, MA
Duration: 36 Months and 40 hours per week
*Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain a Top Security Clearance for access to classified information. An Active Secret Clearance without incident is desired.
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. An essential function of this job is physical attendance. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Our client’s Artificial Intelligence (AI) Software Architectures & Algorithms group seeks a System Administrator to support technical research staff in computing test platform environments for research and development software systems with artificial intelligence applications. In order to support the IT needs for this research, The group seeks a candidate with experience in system administration as well as experience in or capability to learn management of SIPR and JWICS systems. This requires a candidate with experience in system security plans, auditing, and system security hardening procedures under the Linux, Windows, and VMWare environments. The candidate must have systems administration experience in order to provide support to a 60-person community that is engaged in data processing and systems development. Preference will be given to candidates with an existing security clearance. All candidates must be eligible for security clearances up to the Top Secret level.
Position Scope/Job Functions
- Install, configure and manage Linux, Windows, and Mac desktops and servers
- Install and manage ESXi VMWare environments, with a focus on Linux VMs
- Manage file shares, virtual infrastructures and SAN/NAS environments
- Manage systems on LAN, SIPR and JWICS
- Procure desktops, servers, hardware and software as needed
- Provide technical support and security guidance to all staff members
- Remediate vulnerabilities and maintain compliance with Lab security policies
- Perform and ensure backups for desktops, servers and file shares
- Perform office moves of computer equipment
- Maintain printers and consumables supply
- Perform inventory tracking of physical equipment
- Document IT procedures
- Must have experience with DoD IT security requirements and procedures
- Ability to demonstrate effective knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, Active Directory, DOS/PowerShell scripting
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux, including shell scripting and Active Directory integration
- Experience creating and maintaining Red Hat Update Repositories (YUM) and Satellite Servers
- Experience with orchestration tools such as Ansible, Salt, or Puppet
- Experience with Mac OS X in a JAMF Casper environment desired
- Experience designing and implementing ESXi-based solutions and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Environments
- Applicant must have effective verbal and written communication skills, proven experience working in a team environment, and the ability to complete assignments independently with minimal supervision
Knowledge of security procedures and prior experience maintaining System Security Plans including all documentation as well as auditing, and system security hardening procedures
- Experience with VMware VSphere, NAS/SAN, VSAN and Cisco networking desired
- Experience with containers such as Docker
Required: BS OR Associate’s degree and at least 1 Certification.2. At least 5 years of applicable experience. Preferred Certifications: Comp TIA A+, Security+, Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP); VMware, Cisco, Red Hat certifications a plus.
Existing security clearance preferred
Our client, one of the most prestigious Research and Development Labs in the country, is working on solutions to our nation's most complex defense and commercial related challenges. We have placed hundreds of talented engineers with this client over the years - If you are qualified - we can get you in!!!
The mission is critical and the work is as cutting-edge as it is rewarding. The teams are superbly managed groups of world class engineers from all types of interesting and diverse backgrounds - AND THEY ARE HIRING!
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
Work as our full-time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement, etc.) - OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.