Principal Communications Systems Designer
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: Principal Communications Systems Design Engineer
Location: Cambridge, MA
*Applicants must hold an Active Secret Security Clearance without incident for access to classified information.
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Our client is seeking talented and motivated individuals to tackle challenging engineering problems. As a Principal Communication Systems Designer, you will be responsible for architecting new communication signals with applications to complex electronic systems for various environments; you will perform digital signal processing and signals analysis; you will guide implementation of demos in the lab, as well as fieldable prototypes; you will design comms operational capabilities for a wide diversity of applications and support strategic business development. You will work in a fast paced environment, collaborating in multi-disciplinary teams with opportunities to learn, grow, and contribute to a variety of projects in this area.
Applicants should possess solid skills in developing novel communication signals with applications in complex electronic systems and operational experience designing waveforms. You should also have familiarity with state-of-the-art digital signal processing methods and digital communication systems.
- Architect communication signals with applications to complex electronic systems
- Model and simulate RF signals and channels for different applications and environments
- Design and integrate communication systems
- Specify system architecture and requirements based on customer needs
- Support business development, write proposals, white papers, and technical documents
- Deliver technical presentations to internal and external customers
- Mentor junior colleagues and support technology roadmap development
- PhD, MS+10, or BS+12 in Electrical Engineering or similar
- Expert knowledge architecting communication waveforms and protocols at the PHY-MAC layers
- 8+ years application of signal processing methods for signal analysis and waveform generation
- 4+ years experience analyzing and designing waveforms to meet requirements for various applications and environments
- Strong skills in RF theory, digital signal processing, and wireless communications
- Experience performing lab demos and execution of comms system integration
- Capability to work on fast paced projects, guiding quick-turn experiments and rapid prototyping
- Proven successful proposal writing
- Active Secret security clearance and ability to acquire Top Secret Level
- MSEE+10 or PhD in Electrical Engineering
- Experience leading comms systems design and being the lead defining system architecture
- Deep knowledge doing signal propagation and communication channel modeling
- Hands-on experience with SDR, GNU radios
- Experience implementing fieldable prototypes and doing field testing
- Experience with MATLAB simulation and modeling of RF signals and channels
- Experience with detection and estimation techniques
- Familiarity with Edge AI, machine learning algorithms
- Author of Intellectual Property, whitepapers, conference or journal publications
- Active US Secret security clearance which requires US citizenship
- Applicants selected for this position will be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance
Our client, one of the most prestigious Research and Development Labs in the country, is working on solutions to our nation's most complex defense and commercial related challenges. We have placed hundreds of talented engineers with this client over the years - If you are qualified - we can get you in!!!
The mission is critical and the work is as cutting-edge as it is rewarding. The teams are superbly managed groups of world class engineers from all types of interesting and diverse backgrounds - AND THEY ARE HIRING!
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
Work as our full-time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement, etc.) - OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.