Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Danvers, MA
Duration: Direct Hire
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. An essential function of this job is physical attendance. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Planning and coordinating work to higher level project schedules; developing long term plans under guidance; analyzing complex problems independently, coordinating cross-organizational development and supplier work. Has responsibility for the creation, documentation, development and implementation procedures utilized for product assemblies, processes, tests or manufacturing. Designs, implements, monitors and maintains manufacturing processes. Consults with design engineers, achieves the most efficient and cost effective way to produce high quality products.
- Performing and reporting on evaluation testing, verification and validation within ISO, FDA and corporate guidelines.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and other costs and provides information for management decisions.
- Conferring with management as it pertains to manufacturing capabilities, production schedules and other factors to facilitate production processes.
- Applies statistical methods, troubleshooting processes and conducting root cause analysis.
- Improving existing operations, incorporating new methods, processes and training.
- Handling equipment purchasing and installation, performing IQ/OQ/PQ functions.
- Investigating operational problems affecting production and managing them in a systematic, methodical manner.
- Preparing manufacturing documentation required for product manufacture.
- Coordinating projects.
- Identifying ways to reduce production costs.
- Working with R&D and other depts to produce cost estimates for new designs.
- Working with regulatory bodies ensuring safety, environmental and design standards are achieved.
- Serving as a team member supporting design for manufacturability.
- Assisting R&D in the transition of new products to production product status.
- Generating and updating assembly documentation (travelers/work instructions).
- Processing engineering changes (ECOs)
- Controlling manufacturing costs with creative manufacturing and assembly methods (fixture design).
- Determining and reviewing product cost.
- Providing production floor support.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical or manufacturing engineering. Experience with interpretation of Engineering drawings/specs and manufacturing process planning and evaluation.
- Prior experience in machining practices such as milling, turning and grinding (preferred).
- Six Sigma.
- Prior experience with automation (preferred).
- Mechanical design with SolidWorks.
- Seven or more years of related experience – ideally in med device.
- Strong written/oral communication skills. Previous experience in tech writing and procedure development.
- Team player.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Motivated, capable of self-direction.
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
Work as our full-time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement, etc.) - OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.