Senior Wireless Communications Engineer
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: Senior Wireless Communications Engineer
Location: Cambridge, MA
*Applicants must be eligible to obtain a Top-Secret Security Clearance without incident for access to classified information.
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Our client is seeking talented and motivated individuals to tackle challenging engineering problems in wireless communications. As a Wireless Communications engineer, you will be responsible to apply your expertise developing and evaluating novel wireless communication technologies. You will develop proof-of-concept prototypes of communication systems to enable new capabilities, enhancing their performance and robustness. You will work in a fast paced environment, collaborating in multi-disciplinary teams with opportunities to learn, grow, and contribute to a variety of projects in this area.
Applicants will assist in the design, development, modeling & simulation, implementation, and evaluation, of communication signals for transmission, as well as their optimal receiver. They should have experience implementing communication systems using software defined radio (SDR) platforms to support various sensor applications for different environments.
- Developing and implementing digital signal processing algorithms for comms systems
- Designing and implementing Software Defined Radio (SDR) based solutions
- Modeling and simulating components of a communication system
- Creating secure communication and signal intelligence solutions
- Performing laboratory experiments and evaluating fieldable prototypes of comms systems
- BS +5yr, MS +3yr, or PhD in Electrical Engineering or similar
- Proven experience with programming and prototyping Software Defined Radios (SDRs)
- Knowledge of signal processing concepts for communications, detection & estimation theory
- Background in RF Communications, like modulation schemes, coding, channel modeling
- Familiarity with modeling and simulation tools like MATLAB and experience with Python
- Lab testing experience and ability to work on fast paced projects, doing quick-turn experiments and rapid prototyping
- Experience implementing fieldable prototypes and doing their testing and validation
- Background in wireless technologies, like 5G, LTE-M, or mmWave
- Knowledge of low probability of intercept/detection (LPI/LPD) techniques
- Familiarity with Machine Learning techniques in communications
- Eligible for Secret level clearance, with ability to acquire Top Secret
Our client, one of the most prestigious Research and Development Labs in the country, is working on solutions to our nation's most complex defense and commercial related challenges. We have placed hundreds of talented engineers with this client over the years - If you are qualified - we can get you in!!!
The mission is critical and the work is as cutting-edge as it is rewarding. The teams are superbly managed groups of world class engineers from all types of interesting and diverse backgrounds - AND THEY ARE HIRING!
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
Work as our full-time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement, etc.) - OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.