SR ETL Developer
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: SR ETL Developer
Location: Greater Boston, MA
Duration: 6-12 Months
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
DataStage (8-10 years of experience)
- Creating DataStage jobs by extensively using ETL methodologies, including SCD Type 1, Type 2 to extract, transform and load data.
- Create jobs to extract data from different data sources into Oracle database.
- Developing complex DataStage jobs according to the business requirements and mapping documents.
- Designing DataStage sequences to specify Job execution order.
- Usig Director to run jobs, test/debug its components and monitor executable versions.
- Involved in Code Migration from one environment to another environment (dev, test, prod).
- Experience working with Hierarchical Stage, XML & JSON would be a plus.
- Created and executed SQL queries to fetch data from database to validate and compare results.
- Developed and wrote various SQL queries, Joins, Procedures to fetch complex data.
- Resolved the performance issues while extracting & loading data into Oracle database tables.
- Performed SQL Load & Partition operations using Bulk Load Method in Oracle Connector Stage for High Volume data.
- Experienced with SQL performance tuning techniques. Incorporated SQL tuning recommendations for data retrieval by using indexing strategy and using hints.
- Performed tuning of SQL queries for faster extraction of data and being able to troubleshoot the long running sessions.
- Performed Unit testing of DataStage Jobs using Unix Shell Scripting to ensure that it meets the requirements.
- Used UNIX scripts to execute DataStage jobs and DataStage Director for scheduling, executing and monitoring jobs.
- Created Unix Shell scripts for validating the files and moving the files across environments.
- Involved in writing UNIX scripts and calling them through Routine activity in the sequence.
- Involved in implementing star schema Logical/Physical/Dimensional data modeling.
- Performed Design, Development, Testing, and Maintenance of Data warehouse tables including enhancements.
- Developed source/target mappings of data from applications into the Data Warehouse environment.
- Experienced in developing test plans used in validation of Data Warehouse solutions.
- Implemented SCD Type 1 and SCD Type 2 methodologies to track historical changes in Data Warehouse.
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
Work as our full-time employee with medical insurance - OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need that benefit.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.