Network Communications Engineer
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: Network Engineer
Location: Lexington, MA
Duration: 8+ Months
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- Our client is building a team to support a significant IT network engineering program for the Air Force Network Team. This is a fast-paced and rewarding opportunity to work with one of the most complex environments within the Air Force. Will work closely with the users and various engineering teams to establish processes and methods for monitoring and evaluating applications.
- Monitor existing systems to ensure structural integrity
- Work with leads on application network migrations
- Oversee the development and installation of new hardware and software
- Provide technical direction to IT support staff
- Establish metrics for reporting and analysis of cloud migration applications
- Establish rules to monitor and determine degradation of Air Force Systems
- Cloud and incoming information and usage of tools
- Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
- Experience with migration of cloud applications
- Experience with DoD programs
- Understanding of DoD networks
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related field required (Master's preferred)
- 6+ years' experience in system engineering and IT support required
- Exceptional networking skills and knowledge
- Exposure to Splunk and Service Now
- B.S. Degree in IT, Mathematics or Computer Science or equivalent plus 4-5 years’ experience in a Network Engineering role. Additional 4 years’ experience may substitute for the degree
- Strong network debugging, and network troubleshooting skills required
- Strong network debugging and troubleshooting skills required
- Proficient with network hardware and related software
- Create and maintain operational procedures, topology maps using Visio
- Available to receive a Secret Level DoD Security Clearance required
- Travel: International/Germany must be okay to work possibly 4 weeks at a time internationally (up to 3 or 4 times per year)
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
Work as our full-time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, LTD, PTO, etc.) - OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.