Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: Electrical Engineer
Location: Wilmington MA
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. An essential function of this job is physical attendance. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- You'll have responsibility for designing electrical hardware, such as selecting components, ensuring sufficient margin, testing, building and debug prototypes, regulatory and certification approvals, integrating production, and continuous support for intrinsically safe control systems utilized in hazardous locations.
- Works closely in a small, matrix-based team of engineers, pushes projects through the Product Development Process, and ensures cross-organizational alignment from multi-disciplinary team.
- Develops and creates Engineering Requirements Documents, Design Verification Test Plans, Program Specific Design Specs, and design review content.
- Leverages data driven tools, analysis, and decision-making to resolve and present engineering recommendations and solutions to technical issues.
- Recommends new products and technologies while continuing to monitor areas to improve existing products, supporting manufacturing, and technically assessing products and/or assemblies.
- Bachelor's of Electrical Engineering is required (Master's preferred), with at least ten years of hands-on experience in product development of electro-mechanical and electronic system
- A background with embedded PIC microcontroller hardware and ARM based platforms
- Ability to solve problems hands-on with effective skills in managing projects
- Knowledgeable of engineering principles to include reliability, serviceability, and design for manufacturing and testability and intrinsic safety
- Success in cross-functional teams in the development and launch of complex electronic products
- Advanced skills with Hardware Design Tools: bench power supplies, DMMs, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, signal generators and EMI test equipment
- A background with Hardware CAE
- A background with digital design
- Skilled in Analog circuit simulation using SPICE or similar; digital design using hardware description language and Verilog, VHDL, behavioral modeling, or RTL modeling
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
Work as our full-time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement, etc.) - OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.