ISSO Specialist - Active Clearance Required
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: ISSO Specialist
Location: Lexington, MA
Duration: 36 Months and 40 hours per week
*Applicants must possess an active Top Secret Security Clearance without incident for access to classified information.
This position requires that applicants be fully vaccinated for Covid 19 or have a valid religious or medical exemption.
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Candidate must be knowledgeable in computer security principles and policies, to include, Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), NIST 800-53 / Risk Management Framework (RMF), Joint SAP Implementation Guide (JSIG), Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 503, and DoD Manual 5205.07 Volumes 1- 4. Candidate must have strong technical skills and be able to respond to off-hours emergencies. Position requires occasional local and overnight travel.
Candidates must have the following requirements:
* Assist and Support necessary compliance activities (e.g., ensure that system security configuration guidelines are followed, compliance monitoring occurs).
* Continuously validate the organization against policies/guidelines/procedures/regulations/laws to ensure compliance.
* Ensure that plans of actions and milestones or remediation plans are in place for vulnerabilities identified during risk assessments, audits, inspections, etc.
* Promote awareness of security issues among management and ensure sound security principles are reflected in the organization's vision and goals.
* Track audit findings and recommendations to ensure that appropriate mitigation actions are taken.
* Recommend resource allocations required to securely operate and maintain an organization's cybersecurity requirements.
* Provide technical documents, incident reports, findings from computer examinations, summaries, and other situational awareness information to key stake holders. Recognize a possible security violation and take appropriate action to report the incident, as required.
* Assist the Program Managers and the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) in the development and maintenance of System Security Plans (SSP) and associated artifacts such as the Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&M), Risk Assessment Report, and Continuous Monitoring Strategy.
* Ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with organization security policies and procedures.
* Conduct network, system, and application vulnerability scanning, configuration assessment, and remediation.
* Lead and align information technology (IT) security priorities with the security strategy.
* Prepare for and participate in periodic organization compliance assessments. Interpret patterns of noncompliance to determine their impact on levels of risk and/or overall effectiveness of the enterprise's cybersecurity program.
Education and Certifications:
BS degree is preferred and Security Plus is the minimum 8570 certification requirement.
A TS clearance with SCI eligibility is required. Candidate may be required to pass a CI polygraph.
Our client, one of the most prestigious Research and Development Labs in the country, is working on solutions to our nation's most complex defense and commercial related challenges. We have placed hundreds of talented engineers with this client over the years - If you are qualified - we can get you in!!!
The mission is critical and the work is as cutting-edge as it is rewarding. The teams are superbly managed groups of world class engineers from all types of interesting and diverse backgrounds - AND THEY ARE HIRING!
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
Work as our full-time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement, etc.) - OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.