Senior C++ Software Engineer - TEST REQUIRED
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: C++ Software Engineer
Location: Lexington, MA
Duration: 36 Months and 40 hours per week
* Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain a Security Clearance for access to classified information. An Active Secret Clearance is desired.
This position requires that applicants be fully vaccinated for Covid 19 or have a valid religious or medical exemption.
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Our client’s Embedded and Open Systems Group prototypes processor solutions for a portfolio of DoD airborne sensor applications and testbeds. These prototype efforts include the significant sensor control and signal processing software development, as well as integration and configuration of processor hardware. The Group exercises the entire prototyping development lifecycle, including hardware/software design, development, test, and integration.
The Group is in need of software development support to contribute towards the development of airborne, real-time multi-sensor processing solutions for ISR. Under the guidance of internal staff, the candidate will perform the design, coding, testing, and integration of multi-sensor scheduling and resource management software, using both deterministic and stochastic methods such as Astar and genetic combinatorial pathfinding, to enable development and integration of algorithms within a real-time processor using open interfaces.
The core job functions will be:
1) Design, code, test, and integrate system-level software to perform multi-sensor resource management, processor scheduling, and other sensor processing utility functions.
2) Develop, code, test, and integrate hardware interface software (including sensor front-end interfaces) to perform command and control, I/Q and other raw data acquisition, and processing resource management on a multi-node heterogeneous backend.
3) Benchmark and document performance results of software
- Very strong recent knowledge of path search algorithms and heuristics, using both deterministic and stochastic optimization
- Very strong recent experience in object-oriented design
- Very strong recent experience in C++ - knowledge of latest language features.
- Strong recent experience in multi-process / multi-threaded application design/development
- Experience with C++ standard template library
- Demonstrated ability to document software design
- Strong software testing experience
- Software benchmarking and performance tuning experience
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong experience with version control, configuration management and integration
- Able to work within a fast moving, small team environment
- Experience with signal processing algorithms and analysis
- Experience with commercial middleware libraries, such as:
-- Communication: MPI, DDS, and/or ZeroMQ
-- Computation: MKL/IPP, FFTW, and/or Boost
- Knowledge of radar and/or sensor systems such as LIDAR, EO/IR, or HSI
- Knowledge of digital signal processing techniques and computational methods
- Experience with modern development tools such as Totalview, Allinea Suite, Jenkins, etc.
- Active Secret and Top Secret Clearances are preferred in order to maximize impact
Education and Experience:
-PhD, or MS, plus 3 years minimum experience in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent field.
Our client, one of the most prestigious Research and Development Labs in the country, is working on solutions to our nation's most complex defense and commercial related challenges. We have placed hundreds of talented engineers with this client over the years - If you are qualified - we can get you in!!!
The mission is critical and the work is as cutting-edge as it is rewarding. The teams are superbly managed groups of world class engineers from all types of interesting and diverse backgrounds - AND THEY ARE HIRING!
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
Work as our full-time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement, etc.) - OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.