Linux Systems Administrator
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: Linux Systems Administrator
Location: Lexington, MA
Duration: 36 Months and 40 hours per week
*Applicants must possess an active Security Clearance without incident for access to classified information. An Active Top Secret Clearance is desired and you must be eligible for a Top Secret with SSBI
This position requires that applicants be fully vaccinated for Covid 19 or have a valid religious or medical exemption.
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Our client’s BMDS Integration Group supports the Missile Defense Agency in the development, deployment, testing, and enhancement of the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS). This group performs detailed systems and component engineering, flight and ground test analysis, and advanced capability development using the BMDS Analysis Enclave (BAE).
There is a need for a dedicated Linux Systems Administrator to support the BAE who is experienced with medium sized environments with enterprise level requirements. Qualified candidates should be experienced in modern Linux environments and strong understanding of system architecture and design. Responsible for performing systems administration of Linux RHEL 7/8 servers, Red Hat Identity Management (IdM), and Red Hat Ansible Automation. They will also demonstrate experience in server performance optimization, central authentication using IPA, cyber security, OS and application patching, McAfee, scripting, Ansible automation, and disaster recovery.
Roles and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Design, configure, test, and deploy Linux servers throughout the enterprise (local and remote), as well as develop solutions for accessing and managing servers remotely
- Leverage automation tools, such as Ansible, to automate typical tasks such as server imaging, software deployments, and other routine day-to-day tasks
- Work closely with management and software developers to deploy new services and capabilities throughout the enterprise
- Maintain and upgrade storage devices
- Strong backup experience and proven ability to protect mission critical data
- Configuration of distributed environments, including NFS for storage
- Maintain, upgrade, and monitor existing Linux servers
- Provide regular status reports on systems and services throughout the enterprise
- Troubleshoot server, storage, network, performance, and user issues
- Apply security patches and harden systems to meet DoD requirements
- Maintain compliance with all Information Assurance (IA) requirements
- Work with the security team for reporting and verification of system security utilizing industry standard tools such as Auditd, Nessus, ACAS, and SCAP Compliance Checker (SCC)
- Participate in Change Management meetings
- Occasional travel and extended or off-nominal work hours may be required to support missions and remote site upgrades
- Provide user support, and work with vendors to resolve issues
- BS in Computer Science or related field and 5 years’ experience or MS Computer Science and 2 years’ experience
- Strong knowledge of Red Hat 7/8 Linux to include System Administration, Red Hat patch management, User Management, Security Requirements, Backup procedures, Disk and File Management
- Centralized account management (experience with Red Hat Identity Management or Free IPA server is a plus)
- Current DoD 8570 IAT Level II Certification (GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP, CCNA-Security)
- Applied understanding of DoD STIG’s and SCAP
- Must have Linux Certification or equivalent.
Knowledge/experience with one or more of the following a plus:
- Knowledge of Virtualization Technologies such as VMware or RedHat Virtualization
- Network support including SSH server implementation, Linux networking configuration, host based firewall, web servers
- PKI, Multi-Factor Authentication, and PIV Technologies
- Linux kernel, system tuning and performance analysis
- High Performance Computing Systems (rack mount, blade servers, etc.)
- Raritan KVM experience
- Experience with missile defense system elements such as C2BMC, THAAD, GMD, Aegis and/or AN/TPY2.
Our client, one of the most prestigious Research and Development Labs in the country, is working on solutions to our nation's most complex defense and commercial related challenges. We have placed hundreds of talented engineers with this client over the years - If you are qualified - we can get you in!!!
The mission is critical and the work is as cutting-edge as it is rewarding. The teams are superbly managed groups of world class engineers from all types of interesting and diverse backgrounds - AND THEY ARE HIRING!
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
Work as our full-time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement, etc.) - OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.