Senior Hardware Design Engineer - GBC6
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: Senior Hardware Design Engineer
Location: Cambridge, MA
Duration: 8+ Months
Candidates need to be a US Citizen as the Laboratory is a cleared facility.
*A Secret Clearance without Incident or the ability to acquire a security clearance is required for this role.
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Our client is seeking an enthusiastic and well-rounded Senior Hardware Design Engineer for their Embedded Electronics Group. This is an electrical design engineering position that requires the ability to apply sound engineering and project management principles for the leadership and execution of complex board design projects within the Electronics Division.
The ideal candidate is someone who works well in cross-functional teams and has recent experience designing complex systems using state-of-the-art commercial off-the-shelf FGPAs, processors, or systems on a chip (SOCs). It is expected that this engineer can hit the ground running on complex PCB designs with limited oversight and learning curve.
- System architecture design and detailed documentation
- Detailed electrical analysis, design and schematic capture
- Manage PCB layout design resources
- Prototype bring up and debugging
- Functional verification
- Performance characterization
- BSEE, MSEE preferred
- 7+ years overall experience
- Great EE fundamentals
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills
- Required experience designing PCBs that integrate commercial state-of-the-art processors, FPGAs and systems on a chip (SOCs). Some examples may include Xilinx Virtex/Zync/Ultrascale, Microsemi Smartfusion/PolarFire, Intel Stratix 10 devices. Experience with small embedded digital / analog systems, especially low power embedded processors (ARM, DSP, MCU, etc.) is also desirable.
- Experience with design of power distribution networks for state-of-the-art processors, FPGAs or SOCs. Simulation and verification of power distribution networks using tools such as Ansys SIwave.
- Design experience with high-speed communication and/or memory interfaces (i.e. PCIe, Ethernet, DDR3/4, Multi-gigabit Transceivers). The ability to develop layout guidelines, and verify the design and signal integrity using tools such as Hyperlinx prior to fabrication.
- Experience in the following areas is integral to the position: system integration, processor selection, analog circuit design (op-amps, filters), sensor design and integration, data acquisition, sampling and control theory, digital signal processing techniques and low power design, signal integrity, power integrity
- System grounding/shielding and EMI mitigation techniques for complex sensor/actuator systems.
- Low-level understanding of programming languages such as C and VHDL is desirable in order to understand the basic functionality and operation of the FPGAs, SOCs or processors used on the design.
Applicants selected for this position will be required to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
Candidate is expected to frequently work onsite. Remote work may be periodically allowed based upon program needs.
We have placed many talented engineers with this client over the years - If you are qualified - we can get you in!!!
Our client, one of the most prestigious Research and Development Labs in the country, is working on solutions to our nation's most complex defense and commercial related challenges.
The mission is critical and the work is as cutting edge as it is rewarding. The teams are superbly managed groups of world class engineers from all types of interesting and diverse backgrounds – AND THEY ARE HIRING!
Make this your next career move as one of our many long term contractors or employees!
Work as our full time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement, etc.) – OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.