Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: CAD Designer
Location: Lexington, MA
Duration: 36 Months and 40 hours per week
* Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain a Security Clearance for access to classified information. An Active Secret Clearance is desired.
This position requires that applicants be fully vaccinated for Covid 19 or have a valid religious or medical exemption.
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Our client’s Laser Technology and Applications Group develops a range of lasers, optoelectronic components, and electro-optic systems. Applications of these systems include directed energy, lidar, science, quantum information, communications, sensing, and other applications that can impact national security.
The group is seeking a computer aided design (CAD) layout specialist to assist in the design and layout of photonic integrated circuits (PICs) using a combination of custom manual layout and automated scripted layout techniques, and in the development and support of process design kits (PDKs) for an in-house photonics foundry. In addition to PIC design and layout, the layout specialist would also support design and layout of electronic integrated circuits, and electronic-photonic integrated subsystems.
Minimum required skills:
- Experience developing and/or supporting Process Design Kits (PDKs)
- Extensive experience working with electronic design automation (EDA) layout tools, at least some of which is with recent versions of the Cadence Virtuoso toolset
- Experience developing scripts to control EDA tools: Experience with Cadence SKILL programming is preferred
- Experience developing technology files and design environments in Cadence or similar tools: Experience with Cadence is preferred
- Experience developing verification runsets: Experience with Calibre SVRF or Cadence PVS is preferred, but other tool experience is acceptable
- Strong communication and team-based collaboration skills
Additional preferred skills:
- Extensive Cadence experience particularly with the Advanced Node version
- Experience coding with Perl, TCL, Python or similar languages
- Integrated photonic or RF layout design experience
- Broader exposure to the design of photonics, RF or other integrated circuits
- SKILL or other pcell/pycell coding: Cadence CurvyCore experience is a plus
Years of experience: 3 years’ experience with process design kit (PDK) development or related coding experience
Degree: BS in computer science or electrical engineering, or equivalent experience
Our client, one of the most prestigious Research and Development Labs in the country, is working on solutions to our nation's most complex defense and commercial related challenges. We have placed hundreds of talented engineers with this client over the years - If you are qualified - we can get you in!!!
The mission is critical and the work is as cutting-edge as it is rewarding. The teams are superbly managed groups of world class engineers from all types of interesting and diverse backgrounds - AND THEY ARE HIRING!
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
Work as our full-time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement, etc.) - OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.