Senior Programmer/Analyst, MIS
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: Senior Programmer/Analyst, MIS
Location: Boston / Remote
Duration: 6+ months contract to hire
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The Senior Programmer/Analyst is involved with the development and maintenance of our client's enterprise applications and other systems on the AS/400. Working with business analysts, and management, the senior programmer/analyst will design, develop and enhance our client's library of application software. The Senior Programmer/Analyst will be a member of the Systems Programming group comprised of other programmers, programmer/analysts and lead computer system developers.
• Define technical requirements and schedules for assigned development projects.
• Perform programming, documentation and implementation for new and existing applications.
• Work with and assists other team members in resolving problems during the analysis, programming, testing, implementation and documentation phases.
• Must be attentive to details and responsible for insuring that all tasks are completed in accordance with all established schedules, timelines and procedures.
• Capable of producing deliverables that meet the criteria of the business objectives. • Must be able to adhere to established style guides and technical requirements.
• Stay current with new technologies.
• Provide night time technical support coverage on a rotation
• Provide Help Desk support when necessary including coverage to 4:30.
• Perform other activities as required. _____________________________________________________________
• 5 + years experience in computer programming and analysis.
• 3+ years experience with RPG 400 and RPG ILE.
• Strong knowledge of DB/2 and database design.
• Strong knowledge of the AS/400 environment including CL commands and programming.
• Ability to find technical solutions to business problems.
• AS/400 programming experience with IBM MQ/Series is beneficial.
• Knowledge of Web based programming is beneficial.
• Experience with Cobol 400 and Cobol ILE is beneficial
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
Work as our full-time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, LTD, PTO, etc.) - OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.