General Ledger Accountant
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: General Ledger Accountant
Location: Cambridge, MA
Duration: 3+ Months
Candidates need to be a US Citizen as the Laboratory is a cleared facility.
This position requires that applicants be fully vaccinated for Covid 19 or have a valid religious or medical exemption.
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The General Ledger Accountant will work with the business to ensure the financial results accurately reflects the company's financial position while following US GAAP guidelines. In this role, the Accountant will interface with a variety of departments/areas including Facilities, Internal Audit, Contracts, Procurement, Property, Billing, Financial Planning and Analysis, Programs, Engineering, and Legal. The right candidate is a highly motivated, energetic, and experienced individual who will have a significant impact in preparing journal entries, analyzing account activity fluctuations, preparing account reconciliations and issuing financial reports.
-Responsible for accounting associated with fixed assets, ensuring fixed asset capitalization follows company capitalization threshold, managing construction in process (CIP) activity and closing ERP modules monthly.
- Coordinate with programs, engineering, and facilities on placing assets into service.
- Record all necessary journal entries related to fixed assets and depreciation activities.
- Process fixed asset transfers as appropriate.
- Record all necessary journal entries associated with precious metals inventory.
- Ensure monthly close work is complete in accordance with closing schedule, including all necessary month-end journal entries.
- Independently perform balance sheet and income statement fluctuation analyses to ensure accuracy, perform route cause analysis, and perform necessary adjustments.
- Prepare and distribute daily, weekly, and monthly financial reports as required.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations on balance sheet accounts. Perform route cause analysis for outliers/inconsistencies and recommend adjustments.
- Actively participate and support interim and annual financial audits (Financial Statements, Uniform Guidance, etc.).
- Develop and maintain critical policy and procedure documentation related to specific accounting processes.
- Support ERP system upgrades.
- Actively collaborate with team members and other internal stakeholders within finance organization.
- Performing other accounting duties and supporting other staff as required or assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in Accounting. MBA a plus but not required.
- 4 or more years of accounting experience with a large company
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above
- Certification/Licensure: CPA preferred but not required
- Knowledge of database structures for data extraction from PeopleSoft or equivalent ERP system; advanced Excel skills needed.
- Strong oral and written communication skills necessary, as is ability to cultivate critical inter- and intra-departmental working relationships, foster an environment of cooperation and trust and effectively meet deadlines while providing a high level of customer service
- A demonstrated ability to be proactive and forward thinking in a fast-paced environment.
We have placed many talented engineers with this client over the years - If you are qualified - we can get you in!!!
Our client, one of the most prestigious Research and Development Labs in the country, is working on solutions to our nation's most complex defense and commercial related challenges.
The mission is critical and the work is as cutting edge as it is rewarding. The teams are superbly managed groups of world class engineers from all types of interesting and diverse backgrounds – AND THEY ARE HIRING!
Make this your next career move as one of our many long term contractors or employees!
Work as our full time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement, etc.) – OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.