Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: Systems Administrator/Developer
Location: Lexington, MA
Duration: Direct Hire
* Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain a Security Clearance for access to classified information. An Active Secret Clearance is desired.
This position requires that applicants be fully vaccinated for Covid 19 or have a valid religious or medical exemption.
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The Systems Administrator/Developer is a mid-level ISD staff member embedded and dedicated to supporting our client’s Facility Services Department (FSD). This position is an integral member of the FSD Business Team, supporting the department in hardware, software, and application management. This position will inform FSD Leadership of important issues, upcoming upgrades/deployments, and aligning FSD with ISD standards, policies, and procedures.
Position Title - Systems Administrator/Developer
The successful candidate will exhibit strong collaboration and communication skills, be detail-oriented, possess strong interpersonal skills, and have the ability to pay close attention to the task-at-hand in a fast-paced environment. The candidate must be a highly motivated self-starter with the ability to multi-task with attention to deadlines.
Provide support for managed desktop, laptop and tablet systems, printers, plotters and networking appliances. Maintain and manage parts and supplies. Provide local software development, maintenance and support using Microsoft Access or other lightweight development tools. Liaison for ISD and Security Services Department (SSD) IT Security on systems related issues and compliance.
The candidate will assist in the development of new enterprise applications and support of existing applications. Contribute to developing of internal tools and collaborate on process enhancements to increase the effectiveness of the automation support function.
The candidate will provide Windows managed desktop system support in an engineering / design environment, provide hardware and software setup configuration, and serve as liaison between the Facility Services organization and the ISD support teams. In this capacity, the candidate will respond to and evaluate users’ issues and resolve or identify and elevate problems for resolution to ISD.
- Participate in analysis and deployment of desktop engineering applications and upgrades.
- Provide input and budget recommendations for hardware, software, and computer related parts and supplies.
- Installation, upgrades and configuration of desktop systems and software support.
- Develop local Web Application and Database reporting.
- Troubleshooting and repair of hardware, desktops, laptops, etc.
- Perform System vulnerability remediation.
- Manage two virtual servers supporting SpecLink Specification software, Print Server and FM Systems space management software.
- Host and manage remote desktops.
- Participate in SAP integration support including updates to SAP from FM Systems weekly.
- Maintain and support classified / unclassified express mail and hand carry application.
- Perform monthly Express mail chargebacks and reporting.
- Track annual software license renewals and IT budget planning.
- Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of four years of experience OR a master's degree and a minimum two years of experience OR equivalent.
- Experience as a systems administrator or in development or support of web based applications.
- Experience using databases, such as MS access, Oracle or SQL.
- Demonstrated programming, systems and business analysis skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member under limited supervision.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and facilitation skills.
- Ability to build effective interpersonal relationships, and be able to foster and contribute to a positive and productive team environment.
- Ability to work with all levels of management and staff.
- Able to embrace and participate in change or process improvement initiatives.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
Our client, one of the most prestigious Research and Development Labs in the country, is working on solutions to our nation's most complex defense and commercial related challenges. We have placed hundreds of talented engineers with this client over the years - If you are qualified - we can get you in!!!
The mission is critical and the work is as cutting-edge as it is rewarding. The teams are superbly managed groups of world class engineers from all types of interesting and diverse backgrounds - AND THEY ARE HIRING!
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.