Clinical Laboratory Scientist
Redwood City, CA
Position: Clinical Laboratory Scientist
Location: Redwood City, CA
Length: 12 Months
This client requires Covid-19 vaccination for all on-site employees (subject to reasonable accommodation), and weekly testing.
The CLS plays a key role in carrying out QC test methods and specs. The complex nature of this role requires a desire to learn about reagent Quality Control testing, analytical methods and technology, and Reg Affairs requirements. The CLS contributes to the development of new products, new processes, and ensures regular quality of materials utilized in commercial patient sample testing within the client's ClinLab. The CLS participates in team efforts in the creation and implementation of quality testing methods, stability data, and SOPs to ensure that any quality issues with reagent or consumable lots are uncovered and addressed before their use in the client's ClinLab. You'll be cooperating with Quality, Supply Chain, ClinLab personnel, TechDev, and other groups to investigate reagent quality problems, assisting in the drive to continual improvement in efficiency and effectiveness of Quality Control methods. The CLS demonstrates good oral/written communication skills, is detail-oriented, can juggle multiple priorities, is flexible with tasks and schedules, and has experience working both on their own and as a team player.
- Works under Clinical standards
- Demonstrates proficiency, competency and an understanding of basic principles of clinical laboratory procedures with little supervision
- Performs analytical and functional Quality Control testing with the lab’s SOPs and batch records for release of materials to production inventory
- Adheres to the lab's quality control program, and has responsibility for documenting all QC activities, instruments, reagent checks and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed
- Ensures ongoing compliance with required federal, state, and local regulations and quality-related best practices
- Performs lab tests, procedures and analyses on patient specimens, adhering to the lab’s SOPs based on operational demands
- Reviews, interprets and reports patient results in LIMS when time permits
- Identifies problems that could adversely impact test performance or reporting of test results and assures all remedial actions will be taken to fix the issues
- Communicates within department and with others in solving technical problems
- Participates in cross-departmental team efforts in the development, validation, and implementation of QC test methods for new reagents utilized for commercial patient sample testing
- Drafts or revises procedures, docs, and forms related to reagent quality testing, as required
- Collaborates closely with colleagues in Quality, Supply Chain Management, Process Engineering, TechDev, Bioinformatics, and other areas to address and prevent supplier quality issues
- Utilizes job knowledge, judgement, and problem-solving skills for ensuring quality
- Active California Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) or Clinical Genetic Molecular Biology Scientist (CGMBS) license
- BS degree in a molecular Bio, Biochem, Chem, or similar field
- Two or more years of experience in a CLIA, CAP accredited laboratory is ideal
- Team player who is self-driven, motivated, organized, analytical, detailed, and flexible in a fast-paced environment
- A background with transfer and scaleup of new products and processes to Quality Control
- Solid communicator, able to keep open communication and collaborates with team members, supervisors, and other depts
- Prioritizes and adapts to dynamic environments while keeping a high standard of quality
- Prior experience in molecular based laboratory desirable
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
- Work as our full-time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, LTD, PTO, etc.) - OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
Come see why DPC has achieved:
- 4.9/5 Star Glassdoor rating and the only staffing company (< 1000 employees) to be voted in the national Top 10 ‘Employee’s Choice - Best Places to Work’ by Glassdoor
- Voted ‘Best Staffing Firm to Temp For’ three times by Staffing Industry Analysts as well as a ‘Best Company to Work For’ by Forbes, Fortune and Inc. magazine.