Information Systems Security Manager
El Segundo, CA
Find your job at www.LoveYourJob.com
Job Title: Information Systems Security Manager
Location: El Segundo, CA
Duration: Direct Hire
*Applicants must possess an active Security Clearance without incident for access to classified information.
This position requires that applicants be fully vaccinated for Covid 19 or have a valid religious or medical exemption.
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Our client’s Advanced Satcom Systems and Operations Group is involved in a synergistic combination of research, proof-of-concept test beds, and system engineering/application efforts. One of the office locations for the Group is in El Segundo, California, where five staff members maintain their offices. The Group is looking for an individual who will be responsible for managing the location’s collateral classified operations in accordance with the 32 CFR Part 117 National Industrial Security Program Operations Manual (NISPOM) and Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA) Defense Assessment and Authorization Manual (DAAPM). In addition to the above responsibilities, the candidate will perform some local administrative duties including coordinating meeting arrangements, escorting visitors, processing electronic shopping carts and P-Card purchases, and processing a variety of Laboratory forms. On occasion, with the guidance of the local project SMEs, the candidate will be called upon to provide support to various special projects at customer sites.
Position Scope/Job Functions:
The position is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the site security program including physical security, collateral programs, document management, classified IT, and clearance and access processing for both site personnel and visitors. The selected candidate will be the primary point of contact for the assessment, authorization, deployment, and maintenance of several classified computer systems, adhering to various government security requirements, to include all phases of the DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) lifecycle. The position will also oversee management of office operations, which may include developing procedures and policies for office activities, acting as a liaison with building property management, maintaining Laboratory property inventory, and facilitating Sponsor meetings as necessary. Selected candidate will interact with Laboratory personnel, government sponsors, and office building management. In addition, the individual will also interact with Department of Defense security professionals to maintain site security accreditation, as well as to prepare for internal and government agency security reviews.
Skills and Qualifications: Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Information Security, Security Management, Industrial Security or a related field
- 3-5 years of in-depth knowledge and demonstrated competence in a DoD Industrial Security program environment
- Facility Security Officer (FSO) Certification
- Experience with the DCSA audit and inspection process
- Candidate must be able to operate independently with little supervision in a dynamic environment
- Knowledge of PCs and associated business software such as Excel, MS Project, PowerPoint, and Word
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with NISS, DISS, eMASS, and SIMS (or similar security database)
- Must have thorough working knowledge of and technical experience with the application of the 32 CFR Part 117 National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM)
- Ability to achieve DoD 8570 IAM Level I Baseline Certification, required within 6 months of appointment, preferably candidate possesses ISC2 CISSP.
- Experience related to Assessment and Authorization using Risk Management Framework (RMF) is highly desired
- Experience working with federal/government agencies or defense contractors
- Selected candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation and must possess a current in scope Secret level security clearance
- Ability to quickly learn new technical areas and apply that knowledge effectively to solve challenging problems.
- Good communication skills: willingness to listen to the needs of customers and the ability to articulate solutions to engineers in other disciplines who possess little understanding of the system.
- Proficient with C/C++ and Java programming languages, familiarity with XML or JSON data interchange format, and Python scripting.
Our client, one of the most prestigious Research and Development Labs in the country, is working on solutions to our nation's most complex defense and commercial related challenges. We have placed hundreds of talented engineers with this client over the years - If you are qualified - we can get you in!!!
The mission is critical and the work is as cutting-edge as it is rewarding. The teams are superbly managed groups of world class engineers from all types of interesting and diverse backgrounds - AND THEY ARE HIRING!
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.