Guidance Navigation and Control Engineer
Position: Guidance Navigation and Control Engineer (HWIL/PIL)
Location: Remote (must be in the United States)
Length: 9 months
Covid Requirements: N/A
United States Citizens only
Our client is looking for a Guidance Navigation and Control Engineer (GN&C) Engineer to focus on analyzing and designing guidance, navigation, control algorithms, and flight software. The GN&C Engineer will analyze the assessment of control, navigation, guidance system performance, verification of algorithms and algorithm requirements, and flight dynamics and trajectory dispersions. The GN&C Engineer will work on time domain simulations, covariance-based methods, and Monte Carlo dispersed analysis to assess and tune system performance and to document analysis results.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Aerospace Engineering or related field.
- Deep knowledge of MATLAB and Simulink (i.e., bus objects, S-functions, and embedded MATLAB).
- Knowledge of GN&C algorithm techniques and simulation modeling techniques.
- Background in dynamics and linear analysis of aircraft, spacecraft, and missile closed loop performance (inner and outer loop).
- Python OO experience is required.
- PIL and HWIL experience is required.
- Travel requirements less than 5%.
- Candidates must be a United States Citizen as the laboratory is a cleared facility.
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
- Work as our full-time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, LTD, PTO, etc.) - OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
- 4.9/5 Star Glassdoor rating and the only staffing company (< 1000 employees) to be voted in the national Top 10 ‘Employee’s Choice - Best Places to Work’ by Glassdoor
- Voted ‘Best Staffing Firm to Temp For’ five times by Staffing Industry Analysts as well as a ‘Best Company to Work For’ by Forbes, Fortune and Inc. magazine.