Senior Principal Power Systems Engineer
Location: Cambridge, MA (Hybrid – 3 days onsite, candidates must be local)
Length: 8 months
Covid Requirements: N/A
Our client is looking for a Senior Principal Power Systems Engineer to join the Analog and Power Electronics Group. The Senior Principal Power Systems Engineer will work closely with multi-disciplinary teams designing and developing power system architectures and requirements for a wide array of applications. The Senior Principal Power Systems Engineer will work with applications that include miniature power conversion and management circuitry, distributed power architectures, radiation hardened designs, novel battery management circuitry, small motor controllers, switched-mode power conversion, and precision feedback systems. The Senior Principal Power Systems Engineer will help shape hardware architectures and support electronics development activities by applying sound engineering and project management principles.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with 15+ years of relevant experience or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering with 13+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience developing electrical subsystem architectures and requirements for power generation and distribution.
- Designing and troubleshooting power electronics experience.
- Familiarity with system grounding techniques and considerations.
- Proficient with schematic capture and printed circuit board layout.
- Ability to perform circuit simulation using Spice or other simulation tools.
- System modeling and analysis experience using MATLAB, Simulink, or other comparable tools.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to obtain a United States Secret Clearance is required (active Secret Clearance is preferred).
- Knowledge in one or more of the following areas: dc and dc power conversion, rectification, inversion, battery management systems, motor controller design, system-level power distribution design, system and board level grounding and shielding, and EMC design techniques.
- Radiation hardened and high reliability electronics design experience.
- Experience with EMI and EMC qualification testing per commercial and military standards (i.e., MIL-STD-461, CRISPR 22, RTCA and DO-160, etc.).
- Experience in design for harsh environments as embodied in common commercial and military standards (i.e., RTCA and DO-160, MIL-STD-810, etc.).
- Familiarity with model-based system engineering.
- Experience with the DOD hardware development process.
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
- Work as our full-time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, LTD, PTO, etc.) - OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
- 4.9/5 Star Glassdoor rating and the only staffing company (< 1000 employees) to be voted in the national Top 10 ‘Employee’s Choice - Best Places to Work’ by Glassdoor
- Voted ‘Best Staffing Firm to Temp For’ five times by Staffing Industry Analysts as well as a ‘Best Company to Work For’ by Forbes, Fortune and Inc. magazine.