Location: Phoenix, AZ (Hybrid – 2 to 3 days onsite)
Length: 6+ months
Covid Requirements: N/A
Our client is looking for a Software Engineer to join the Secure Processing team. The Secure Processing team creates sophisticated software, firmware, and hardware security products that protect critical IP on systems and applications from both domestic and international nation-state threats. Given the widespread use of mission critical software in military systems and industry today, it is essential that these systems be protected against the threats of tampering and reverse engineering by unauthorized entities. The Secure Processing team has built a dynamic, team-oriented, and highly creative work environment.
The Software Engineer will work as part of a small, collaborative product team to design, develop, integrate, and test software in embedded and enterprise secure processing solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Modify software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces.
- Design and test C programs in a Linux environment.
- Develop and maintain software test suite to verify system capabilities and requirements.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to design and develop software architectures and APIs.
- Capture system specifications and performance requirements.
- Optimize system performance to meet demanding customer requirements.
- Apply secure coding practices to new and legacy software.
- Support design team in bringing-up and testing of hardware products.
- Consult on technical proposals and software system designs.
- Aid and support the coaching and training of junior team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience designing and architecting software systems.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience developing with C and C++.
- Expert knowledge of Linux environments.
- Knowledge of embedded Linux environments.
- Ability to write technical documentation for requirement specifications, test plans, procedures, and reports.
- Ability to create and present technical material for both internal and external customers.
- Ability to breakdown customer problems into internal requirements and customer solutions.
- Expert troubleshooting and logical skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and written.
- Logical approach to solving problems.
- Ability to mentor other members of the team.
- Experience working in the defense industry is a plus.
- Experience with security analysis and designing security solutions is preferred.
- Experience with embedded software development is a plus.
- Experience in the practical application of engineering science and technology including applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various products and services is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Agile development and the Atlassian tool suite is a plus.
- Experience with Verilog and VHDL is a plus.
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
- Work as our full-time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, LTD, PTO, etc.) - OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
- 4.9/5 Star Glassdoor rating and the only staffing company (< 1000 employees) to be voted in the national Top 10 ‘Employee’s Choice - Best Places to Work’ by Glassdoor.
- Voted ‘Best Staffing Firm to Temp For’ five times by Staffing Industry Analysts as well as a ‘Best Company to Work For’ by Forbes, Fortune and Inc. magazine.